Hacking R4 + GBA ExpLoader .57 not working properly?

Spawner12

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I download the .57 and loaded with my GBA and I do not know if it is working properly? When I ran it, it gave me all this weird japanese text on the top screen. After I press R or L it goes to NOR Mode but the text becomes normal. After that I can't switch modes, it just flashes blue (for PSRAM) and goes back to the green NORMODE. There is no third mode (expansion) as stated in the read me.

I have R4 kernel version 1.18

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like it might be a data corruption problem. Delete _DS_MENU.DAT, _DS_MENU.SYS and GBA_ExpLoader.nds from your memory card, and replace _DS_MENU.DAT and GBA_ExpLoader.nds with new copies (a new _DS_MENU.SYS file will be created automatically).

If that doesn't work, try reformatting the memory card.

Spawner12

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey, problem fixed, i pressed B (which would write SRAM to SAV file) which gave me an error cause there is no SRAM data. Then i was able to access all 3 menus.

I basically pressed all the buttons i was able to do in the menu haha. Thanks guys and thanks destructo, i probably would have did what you recommended if it didnt work!

SeaofTea

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get the exact same problem, I've tried everything but formating but thats what I am doing now. Its driving me nuts!!!! I just got the stupid 3 in 1 today and exploader worked at first but now its PFFFFTT!!!.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.