Hacking r4 games not woking

rainbird86

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi, can anyone help me i been tryin to dowload games on my r4 card it downloads fine and saves onto the card ok but when u try playin the game all it says is, the save data could not be accessed. please turn the power off and reinsert card. a few of my other mates have this problem to, but my other games that i downloaded months ago still work fine, please help

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
rainbird86 said:
hi, can anyone help me i been tryin to dowload games on my r4 card it downloads fine and saves onto the card ok but when u try playin the game all it says is, the save data could not be accessed. please turn the power off and reinsert card. a few of my other mates have this problem to, but my other games that i downloaded months ago still work fine, please help

It's because the R4 is old and outdated. You can either Arm swap the games using something like DSLazy or install YSMenu to get round it.

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Your firmware is out of date. You will have to apply an ARM7 patch to all the offending games or switch to a better firmware.

I recommend YSMenu.

paul3100

Trophies
XP
Country
Reason your R4 has save problems is due to it been out of date, probably fake and no longer supported!

There are a load of games in the last few months that don't work on the R4 (any version) due to save issues mostly but are usually playable with an arm7 fix or using the ysmenu available for the R4 which is a homebrew type os for amongst other cards the R4 and has better compatability with newer games.

But firstly make sure tou have the last official R4 update which is 1.18 and available on the download section, if its a fake/clone then look for that firmware also here.

paul

EDIT: beaten to it, my fault for been so long thinkng what to write!

rainbird86

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
well that all sounds bit complecared for me, so shall i just buy another ds cartridge and card, could uy tel me the website n how much it wil b, also where to download the programme from, thanks u for ur help

rainbird86

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
is there a website for the uk to get the memory card as the one u gave me wants dollers also where do i get the programme from so i can get ds games on it

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
rainbird86 said:
is there a website for the uk to get the memory card as the one u gave me wants dollers also where do i get the programme from so i can get ds games on it

You can pay in £ sterling at Deal Extreme using paypal or credit/debit card it will convert it automatically for you ..pay pal is the easiest way
smile.gif

Trust me you save a fortune buying from Deal Extreme in the conversion rates
wink.gif

Although being in Hong Kong it takes upto 2 weeks to arrive but the savings more than make up for the wait!

You can still use the mem card that's with your R4 and keep the R4 as a spare or do what most of us do pass it on to a family member that isn't bothered about the latest top games ... there are still crap loads of good games that STILL WORK on the R4
smile.gif

for exchange rates or currency conversions ....use a website such as XE.com to convert the prices or a handy Firefox plugin called CHANGE this will convert when you set the to and from currency's from the drop down in the menu bar and then highlight right click the price and choose convert it will show the conversions in the page next to the original price in whatever currency you want to convert
smile.gif

rainbird86

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
the dstt comes with only the cartridge will i need to buy another memory card n usb stick or can i use the r4 to download the newer games, chers

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
rainbird86 said:
the dstt comes with only the cartridge will i need to buy another memory card n usb stick or can i use the r4 to download the newer games, chers

you can use the mem stick that came with your R4 and the mem card reader that also came with the R4
smile.gif

read my link in my signature regarding TTDS FAKES!

rainbird86

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi, i just got my dstt, i down loaded the programme from nds-roms n as it loads up the screen is all purple with lione goin down, can someone help me, cheers

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.