Hacking R4 + G6lite?

gui3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have the g6lite and passcard3....the g6lite has worked great so far, but i want more storage

if i got the R4 for slot 1 and kept the G6lite for slot 2...

will the R4 work as well as the G6lite (ive read a lot of reviews, but still...id like to hear opinions)

if i use the R4 for DS and the G6 for GBA, could i choose which one i want to use when i power up the DS, without ejecting either of them?

...i had been reading about the new things that are coming out (G6real) and how they claim to have 100% download play compatability but some posts say that its unlikey, since every cart claims that.

what do you think of this setup? are there any possible problems?

gui3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
btw i definitely want microsd for slot1 bc of this:

http://www.sandisk.com/Products/Item(2369)...roSDHC_4GB.aspx

4GB micosd coming out...tho its SDHC, who knows if itll work

EDIT: it won't work. forget it
smile.gif

-EX-

Racer
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
No problems with this setup. And you'll be able to use G6's ram for NDS browser. There's a patch for it.

About loading routine though. R4 will boot first, no matter what. But via R4's main menu you can boot straight to G6, so it's no big deal.

gui3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No problems with this setup. And you'll be able to use G6's ram for NDS browser. There's a patch for it.

About loading routine though. R4 will boot first, no matter what. But via R4's main menu you can boot straight to G6, so it's no big deal.

sounds good. what about R4 + M3Lite? i want to have the most storage possible of NDS + GBA.

that setup with two 2GB cards...might be nice

-EX-

Racer
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

sounds good. what about R4 + M3Lite? i want to have the most storage possible of NDS + GBA.

that setup with two 2GB cards...might be nice
M3 Lite is practically the same as G6 lite, only it uses MicroSD cards instead of built-in NAND flash memory. So, if you buy a shitty MicroSD card there may be slowdowns (with DS games ONLY though, GBA ones are always fully loaded in memory). And yes, there's a browser hack for M3 too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte