Hacking r4 flickering backlight on menu

mmalone

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Has anyone ever had a problem with there r4 menu backlight flickering ?

Had the cartridge for about 1 year and no issues, recently on the menu when choosing a game the backlight flickers and if you dont select when the light is fully on ou cant seem to adjust on the game.

tried reformattting the card etc no joy, the ds is ok with my ttds card tho ??

any ideas

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
mmalone said:
and if you dont select when the light is fully on ou cant seem to adjust on the game.

not sure what you mean by that. my r4 would make noise or flashing colors on softreset, and sometimes when loading a rom. its just the loader kicking in and its nothing to worry about. and no mine didn't do it from the start either.

-another world

mmalone

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Another World said:
mmalone said:
and if you dont select when the light is fully on ou cant seem to adjust on the game.

not sure what you mean by that. my r4 would make noise or flashing colors on softreset, and sometimes when loading a rom. its just the loader kicking in and its nothing to worry about. and no mine didn't do it from the start either.

-another world

Basically you should be able to adjust the backlight on the games menu. mines just flickers constantly full backlight to virtually none, youve got try and select a game when the light is on fully or you cant see the screen as good when playing a game

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Run that DiagnoSe homebrew and test your DS for defects. It sounds like you have a stuck button or flaky touchscreen or something.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1