Hacking R4 + EZ4lite help

4ppleseed

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hiya,
After updating to the latest versions:

If I plug just my EZ4lite into my DS I get some crazy Chinese [SD]v1.720 firmware
If I plug my R4 in & my EZ4lite and Boot Slot 2 I get a very nice English [SD]NDSLoader V1.73 firmware

That's fine because I tend to have both in together BUT if I soft reset out of the GBA game it goes back to the Chinese [SD]v1.720 firmware. Is there a way to get the EZlite to always boot in the English v1.73?

I guess I understand that one is for GBA and the other is using the R4 Passmethingy to load the NDSloader v1.73 but as this can boot GBA as well, cant I just have that all the time?

Sorry if that doesn't make much sense, I did try to write it as clearly as possible. Honest
rofl2.gif

PBC

What!? I can change this??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I assume the 1.7 loader has like starwars junk righto??

You can change the language setting in there...fourth icon down. press a acouple times should see english setting.

I understand what you are saying..."why does it boot to this old 1.7 loader after i soft reset?".

The first loader only comes up when there isn't a passme....
soft reseting makes it not go through the pass me when it reboots?
I have a ez4 compact...so i didn't spend much time playing GBA with it and i don't think i ever soft-reset out of one.

Maybe if you flashed your DS??

4ppleseed

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
That's great! 4th icon down and nows it's in English! I can finally understand whats going on
smile.gif
haha

Yeah its the starwars one, I think you're right; it boots in the GBA mode (starwars) without the passme. I just wish it was always in the V1.73 version.

I'll look into it, thanks for your help so far.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Where's everybody?