R4 +EZ-IV Deluxe - Why does my EZ boot!?

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by ron555, Feb 7, 2007.

Feb 7, 2007
  1. ron555
    OP

Member ron555 GBAtemp Fan

Hi all,

I just got the R4 & EZ IV Deluxe (great combo from Winsunx for $93 shipped!).

Anyhoo, all is well, except for the fact that the EZ IV Deluxe ALWAYS boots up first. I know if I hold down "SELECT", it will boot the R4, but without holding down select, it boots to the EZ.

Please note that I have FlashMe'd my DS Lite. I'm guessing that's probably why.

Is this normal behavior, a result of the flash, or because of some strange other issue?

2. teH XeRO

Member teH XeRO GBAtemp Fan

United States
    yeah it is because of flashme...does the same for me..i bought the r4 just for ds games, was a plus that it acts as a passme but i flashed my ds lite for when i got my ez4 deluxe long b4 the r4 and i dont feel like undoing it (not that i think the flashme uninstall will actually work)

3. faceless

Member faceless pink sugar heart attack

United States
    cory1492 released an app that will patch the EZ-Flash IV Lite Deluxe's GBA Header so that flashme doesnt automatically boot to it

http://ezflash.sosuke.com/viewtopic.php?t=3531

note that this only works on the LITE DELUXE, and does not work on the Regular, Lite or Lite Compact versions of the EZ4.

4. ron555
    OP

Member ron555 GBAtemp Fan

Hot damn, you're a savior, faceless!

EDIT: I finally realized that homebrew has a .bin file extension. I ran PatchPASSEZ4.ez4.bin and it rewrote the header PERFECTLY.

Now my NDSL boots to my R4 first. Suuuuuhweeeet!!!! =D

Now I'm going to try Cory's EZDStoGBA and see how it works!

cory is a lifesaver!

5. teH XeRO

United States
    by doing this, will flashme still boot right to the ez4 deluxe assuming you dont have a slot 1 card in the top, or if you do have a ds game in the top?

6. faceless

Member faceless pink sugar heart attack

United States
    no, if you do this, flashme will not boot the ez4 unless you hold A+B+X+Y on boot

7. teH XeRO

United States
    can someone post a link for this little app that corey made? i dont think sosuke is up right now b/c the link above wont load.