Hacking R4 Emulator issues and loss of save file!

Resthead

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
First of all, Love the site. Been a lurker here for a while but only now signed up. Onto the problem.

So I was using LameBoy on my R4 card to play Pokemon Red for the extra nostalgia feelings. Halfway through the game whenever I wanted to save (save game + press X/Exit) the game just froze. I always managed to save before, but not now, it simply refuses to save. After an hour of googling the issue, I'm still empty handed.

So I download GameYob instead, transfer it to my R4 card and to my surprise when I open up my Pokemon Red rom, it say's ''New game'' instead of ''continue''. I try other roms and all other save files are there, but not to Pokemon Red. I plug my R4 card into my PC and sure enough, the .sav file to Pokemon Red is there, no problem. I plug it into my 3DS again and try to open it up with LameBoy but it's still gone. I try GameYob again, that now all of the sudden refuses to open at all, simply ''Loading..''

I plug the R4 (SD) card into my PC again and open up the Pokemon Red rom directly from the R4 card to a GBC emulator on PC, still ''new game''... no ''continue''. I try all other roms with their respective .sav files and they all still work.

I seriously spent 3 days exploring every corner of Pokemon Red, a game I haven't played for 15 years, only to have it kick me in the balls halfway through. :(

1. How can I get my .sav file to work again, 2. How can I play it on my R4 card without it freezing when saving, and lastly 3. What did I do wrong in the first place to create this mess?

Resthead

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Try opening the save file in pkhex and see if the data loads

This is what I get. I guess it's corrupt then? How am I to prevent save files from corrupting in the future? I did run the ROM through Universal Pokemon Randomizer before playing and did a few tweaks. Random Pokemon encounters, random items etc. Maybe that had something to do with it freezing, maybe it was simply too much for it to handle? Never heard people having problems with it before though...

Attachments

• pokemon red pic fail.PNG
    pokemon red pic fail.PNG
    39.6 KB · Views: 307

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: c