R4 DS save conversion from EZ4 problem

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by molokidan, May 9, 2008.

May 9, 2008
  1. molokidan
    OP

Newcomer molokidan Newbie

United States
    Hello everyone. I've been a lurker here for a while and actually bought my new R4 DS from gameyeah thanks to your coupons and reading the posts. So thanks everyone for that.

I am now trying to convert the save files from my EZ-4 so I can continue the games on the R4. I can throw a new game on the R4 and start a new .sav easily. The problem comes after I convert the files, the game will start and go to a white screen. I've tried two games just to be sure, Contact and Subarashiki Kono Sekai (J) and they both do the same problem.

I tried two different converters, a program called SavConv 0.2 and then the online save converter. Both of them apparently worked fine, but when I tried to work the games with the new converted saves, it turned to white.

I am using the games that I had flashed to my microsd card previously for the Ez-4. I thought that might be the problem so I tried replacing the flashed games with a fresh rom from my computer and using the fresh rom and the converted sav file, but that still didn't work. It gave me some error message like "bookmark error." Does anyone have any idea what's going wrong here? Thanks.

2. Hickeyl

Member Hickeyl GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    try downloading the GAMES/ROMS again delete your old ones
    then use the converter and make sure the SAV is spelled exacally the same as the NDS file execpt with.sav on the end

3. molokidan
    OP

Newcomer molokidan Newbie

United States
    Thanks, it worked this time! ed