Hacking R4 ds problem?

Coolguy26

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so i've had my R4 ds for about a year now. It works ok like the games dont lag or anything but sometimes when im playing a game, it just stops or it becomes frozen.
then i turn it off and i have to redo everything again. its not in a certain part of game, it just happens.

Is there a way to fix this?

I couldnt find a way to fix this.

ive been using 1.18 firmware, is there a new one?

fearofshorts

Trophies
XP
Country
First, which R4 are you using? Is it one of the originals or is it a clone? If you don't know the answer, it's almost certainly a clone.
The real R4's haven't actually been made for many years. Anything you see at markets or online with the name "R4" in it is made by other companies, most of which don't offer proper support for their products.
In the long run it may be best to buy a nice AceKard 2.1 off dealextreme for $14 or a M3i Zero off the same website, both of which have far better support than the majority of the makers of the R4 clones. Note however that the website takes ages to ship.
Meanwhile, if you want to hang on to your R4, you may want to check out YSMenu, an unofficial firmware originally developed for the DSTT but which has been ported to the R4. It may fix your R4 problems and has support for the latest games without requiring patching. A quick, ten second Google search will give you a list of YSMenu installation tutorials.
The reason that people have to use YSMenu is simply because there has been no new offical R4 firmware for years (if anyone suggests a new firmware number, it's a fake firmware produced by one of the companies that make the R4 clones) and so R4 users are left without proper support for new games.

Good luck with fixing up your R4 and/or getting a new flashcart (if you decide to).

Eon-Rider

Trophies
Website
www.kablooza.co.cc
XP
Country
Coolguy26 said:
Ok so i've had my R4 ds for about a year now. It works ok like the games dont lag or anything but sometimes when im playing a game, it just stops or it becomes frozen.
then i turn it off and i have to redo everything again. its not in a certain part of game, it just happens.

Is there a way to fix this?

I couldnt find a way to fix this.

ive been using 1.18 firmware, is there a new one?
Try formatting your SD card. Otherwise, follow fearofshorts' advice. You need to also remember that all flashcarts will result in white screens and random freezes.

QUOTE(fearofshorts @ Oct 12 2009, 06:27 PM) First, which R4 are you using? Is it one of the originals or is it a clone? If you don't know the answer, it's almost certainly a clone.
The real R4's haven't actually been made for many years. Anything you see at markets or online with the name "R4" in it is made by other companies, most of which don't offer proper support for their products.
In the long run it may be best to buy a nice AceKard 2.1 off dealextreme for $14 or a M3i Zero off the same website, both of which have far better support than the majority of the makers of the R4 clones. Note however that the website takes ages to ship.
Meanwhile, if you want to hang on to your R4, you may want to check out YSMenu, an unofficial firmware originally developed for the DSTT but which has been ported to the R4. It may fix your R4 problems and has support for the latest games without requiring patching. A quick, ten second Google search will give you a list of YSMenu installation tutorials.
The reason that people have to use YSMenu is simply because there has been no new offical R4 firmware for years (if anyone suggests a new firmware number, it's a fake firmware produced by one of the companies that make the R4 clones) and so R4 users are left without proper support for new games.

Good luck with fixing up your R4 and/or getting a new flashcart (if you decide to).
Many years? Try around June last year. I think it's very likely he has a genuine R4.

Bluelaserman

I shoot BLUE LASERS MAN!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
Make sure the slot for the micro SD card is clean, I also had these problems before.
Sometimes the MicroSD cards build up dust/ dirt on the end of the cards, so try to clean the microSD card also.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.