R4 DS - Freezes w/ TouchPod G6

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by Abstract3000, May 25, 2007.

May 25, 2007
  1. Abstract3000
    OP

Newcomer Abstract3000 Advanced Member

United States
    Alright so I boot up my system and of course the R4 DS menu screen comes up i select the "Boot Slot 2" option and then on the drop down menu I select "My Card" >> "GBA" folder when I select one of the games it just goes into total white screen, I can as well put it in GBA mode and it works there but none of the actual NES rom names show they just show some weird name and they are all the same so theres no what telling game it is but in the menu through the R4 DS it shows everything clearly, what can i do to make this work this way or at least get the NES Names to appear instead of "PocketNES EDIY"

lastly where do i add the soft reset option to the games in the U-Disk Manager?
    thanx

2. saticoy

Newcomer saticoy Member

United States
    As far as I know, the "My Card" >> "GBA" folder method will always result in a white screen. As far as I know there is no way to add soft reset to GBA games. I may be able to help you with getting descriptive names to work though.

There's an old piece of software called Flash Advance Toolkit that I still have around from the Flash-2-Advance era. It has the ability to rewrite GBA ROM headers. You can run your files through this, place them back on your G6, and then the unique names will appear.

3. PikaPika

Member PikaPika GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Try going to "My Card" in gba mode, then going to the gba directory. If the filenames are correct, it wont matter about the internal names.

4. saticoy

Newcomer saticoy Member

United States
    Can you actually run games from "My Card" in GBA mode? I seem to remember trying this before, but I just tested it and I don't get the option to run games from that menu. Even if you can, it forces you to view every file in the folder, and every game has about eight files associated with it. If the name isn't short enough, then you can't even see the extension for the file, and you're left guessing at which of the eight files filling your screen is actually the one that runs the game. Scrolling past every file for every game gets annoying quickly too, especially if you want to play Zanac.

5. Abstract3000
    OP

Newcomer Abstract3000 Advanced Member

United States
    when you load just the G6Lite card and go through the options to Mycard>>GBA and try to run from there your right a billion files and nothing can load, but when you use the R4 DS slot 2 option you get that nice drop down menu for "My Card" and it only shows just the roms & Their full names and gives you the option 2 Run unlike the cart itself yet it goes to a white screen so i suppose its not going to work but oh well, I figured out how to edit the Rom Names and now using that so when selecting through the Games part of the card i can see the actual names of the roms and thats good enough for me