R4 downloads

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by 14surfer12, Mar 27, 2008.

1. 14surfer12
    OP

14surfer12 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 26, 2008
    Australia
    i got a new chip and i need to download the DS_MENU_DAT thingo i would of copied it from my old r4 chip put i spent the whole day yesterday trying to find a free site that i could recover my files AND SAVE THEM!!!!!! they all had trial versions where you can preview all ur issing files but not save them unless u buy their software which i cant do for certain resons.....

2. JPH

JPH Banned

Banned
    Jul 11, 2006
    United States
  3. 14surfer12
    OP

14surfer12 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 26, 2008
    Australia
    um........ it still doesnt work i still need the the DS_MENU_DAT. file

4. sylux92

sylux92 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 15, 2007
    United States
    Its a .rar file, you have to extract it using winrar. The DS_MENU.DAT will be there when you extract it. If you don't want to do that, then download it here, at the official site.

5. 14surfer12
    OP

14surfer12 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 26, 2008
    Australia
    i cant read chinese

6. Destructobot

Destructobot Crave the Hammer

Oct 15, 2006
    United States
    Portland, OR
    Neither can most of the rest of us, but we manage to download stuff from Chinese sites by, you know, trying. Here's a hint: Chinese charaters are not used in web addresses. Look at the status bar when you move the mouse cursor over a link and you'll probably be able to figure out what it will do.

That's kind of beside the point though; the downloads on the R4 site are RAR files just like the R4 downloads here.

7. Lukeage

Lukeage GBAtemp Regular

Feb 24, 2004
    Or failing that, he could simply click the English link at the top of the page an navigate the site in English...

8. SavageWaffle

SavageWaffle GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 13, 2008
    United States
    New York
    and jsut copy it to your microsd card. simple as that.