Hacking R4 does not work when turned on

inaee46

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got my R4 a few months ago when i was in college. Everything was fun and groovy until this month when my friend was using my DS turned on the DS and it says that there is no Slot on the DS. Recently, it has been happening so i will have to take the R4 and blow it and see if it works again. I was wondering if anyone know what the problem is or how i can fix this?

Thanks a lot!

g4med4d

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've seen it happened once in a while. What I did was just to reseat the R4 and all's good. Sometimes it took a couple of reseating to work. I've 2 R4 and it happened on the older(more than a year old) one.

bryanbs9

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I had a problem with mine doing the same thing. I thought it was the SD card at first. But then I realized if I had no SD card in there, the R4 would simply give me the warning that there was no flash card in there. Anywho, I saw that my connectors were a bit dirty. So I took some rubbing alcohol and a cotton tip (cue tip) for your ear/nose whatever, and cleaned off the connectors. I havn't had a problem since. Worth giving a shot...

inaee46

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
g4med4d said:
I've seen it happened once in a while. What I did was just to reseat the R4 and all's good. Sometimes it took a couple of reseating to work. I've 2 R4 and it happened on the older(more than a year old) one.

what do you mean by reseat the r4?

thanks!

shadowkillerdrag

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just take the r4 flash cart out blow on it and the ds slot-1 slot.
Take the Micro sd out and blow on that a little then put it all back.

thats what i usually do wen that screen pops up

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool