R4 Deluxe games don't load and missing cheats after N

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by Iceabeam, Jul 27, 2009.

1. Iceabeam
    OP

Newcomer Iceabeam Newbie

United States
    Hey guys! I got my R4 Deluxe around last month, and I was pretty happy. I got tons of games, and had a blast. Although, yesterday, I downloaded these games, Final Fantasy : Chrystal Chronicles Echoes of Time, Meteos, and Dragon Quest Monsters : Joker. I recently read that Echoes of Time can't save without a different cheat engine, and I downloaded a new cheat engine, switched my old cheat engine with the new one, and added all the games into my SD card.

I opened my DS, went into my games folder, but they all looked like this. http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/7940/r4error.png Sorry for the bad quality. To those who can't read it, instead of having an icon, it just has a Nintendo DS and the name "Untitled." When I open it, it will usually get stuck on the LOADING. My R4 worked before, but now it suddenly stopped working and ended like that.
    http://i25.tinypic.com/2uyoa4o.jpg (Not my pic, found it on google) That's exactly what it looks like.

Also, oddly enough, my cheats had stopped working. My old cheat engine used to have games for all cheats, but like I have said before, I switched my old cheat engine with the new one, but I also realized it was still missing some cheats. It was missing cheats after the letter "N". I decided to switch back to my old one, but it was exactly like the new one that I downloaded. It was missing cheats after "N". My cheat file was also under 4MB.

Something also happened to me last time. Grand Theft Auto : Chinatown Wars started up with a black screen on top, and a white screen on bottom, but I went to my cousins house, and he sent me his Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars from SD card to SD card, and it worked. My cousin also sent me his cheat file that fixed it.

I tried everything that I could. I tried ARM7 patching, didn't work. YS Menu, got stuck at "LOADING..." when I open my R4. Is the only way to format my SD Card? I really don't want to format it, because I'm getting a new computer soon, and I want to transfer some stuff from my computer to my new one.
    Thanks in advantage to those who read.

By the way, my firmware is v1.18

Edit: For the time being, I think I accidentally screwed up my R4. I removed everything that had to do with the YS Menu, and added back my old firmware. :/

2. XVII

Newcomer XVII Newbie

United States
    If you dont know what you are doing, then the best thing to do is leave it alone as it is. What i would suggest is that you would delete everything and download it again. To make the cheats work with all of your games, i suggest you get the editor and from there delete all of the unnecessary games that you know you will never ever play. that should fix it...enjoy [​IMG]

3. OGTiago

Member OGTiago GBAtemp Regular

Portugal
    I have the same problem on normal R4.

4. Depravo

Global Moderator Depravo Jaded curmudgeon

United Kingdom
    To fix the cheat problem download the latest cheat.dat, open it with R4CCE and remove EVERY game from the database you never intend to play and then save it.

5. azure0wind

Member azure0wind 7 years flew so fast.

Indonesia
    i have the same problem with my r4
    so i use the ysmenu...

6. OGTiago

Portugal
    Removing games? No thanks.

I'll try YSMenu.

7. injected11

Member injected11 Crescent Freshâ„¢

United States
    He said to remove the game's listing from the cheat file. He said nothing about removing the games from your card. It isn't showing all your cheats because you have too many. Delete the cheats for the games that you NEVER INTEND TO PLAY. You won't play the vast majority of DS titles.

8. Depravo

Global Moderator Depravo Jaded curmudgeon

United Kingdom
    Exactly. Do you really need all those cheats for 'Imagine My Horsez Wedding Pop Singer 12' and countless other shovelware games. Not to mention all the foreign language games you've never heard of. And all the region duplicates.

There are thousands of cheats in there that you will most likely never need. Get rid of them all and your R4 will stand a better chance of showing the cheats you DO want.

Or, as you say, try YSMenu.

9. OGTiago

Portugal
    YSMenu works.

Thanks for the help.

BTW I did know you meant removing cheats from the list because you did say cheats, I was just summarising so I didn't have to say "removing games from the cheat.dat". Anyway, I didn't do that because I opened it up with R4CCE and was like WTF, did I have to remove them separately?

I wanted YSMenu anyway.