Hacking R4 corrupting save files

cutter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As the topic says, my R4 keeps on corrupting save files whenever I save. There are also minor and very infrequent glitches during games, like graphics sometimes messing up, but it's not as much of a big deal.

There's nothing wrong with the micro SD as far as I can tell, and I've tried formating it several times. The spring is working fine, as far as I can tell. No randomly shooting my micro SD out or anything. I believe that the part of the R4 that connects to the micro SD is off somehow. Is there any way to repair this?

c2ironfist

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What micro SD card are you using?

If your using cheap card then yes you'll get carrupted data.

Invest in good quality micro SD cards.

Either that or you just got a bad micro SD card.

cutter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a Kingston 2GB micro SD, and the files aren't getting corrupted by my PC... I've booted up a game and found the save file corrupted several times without connecting to a computer.

I'm certain that it's the part of the R4 that reads the data off the micro SD, since there's also games freezing every now and then. Again, can this be repaired?

VBKirby

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a kingston 1GB. Is that considered a "cheap" card?

It seems that I have a strange card. My brother and lots of people here say that all of their micro sd cards pop in and out like a when you put a card into the DS. Mine doesn't do that. You slide it in, and when you take it out, there is a little bump at the end of the card that gives you an easy way to pull it out.

vincom2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I have a kingston 1GB. Is that considered a "cheap" card?

It seems that I have a strange card. My brother and lots of people here say that all of their micro sd cards pop in and out like a when you put a card into the DS. Mine doesn't do that. You slide it in, and when you take it out, there is a little bump at the end of the card that gives you an easy way to pull it out.
Maybe their R4s have a spring. Newer ones don't because apparently they broke too easily and caused more trouble than they were worth.

microsds are supposed to have that bump, don't worry.

And no, not unless it's a fake kingston of course
biggrin.gif
:D:D (I presume they exist)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: