Hacking R4 connection help

Sehjenkai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i have an R4-III and i can't connect to wifi on some games(mario kart,N+,metroid,etc...) and it says there is no compatible access point yet i have my pokemon diamond game (actual game not a rom)and it connects just fine with the same wifi settings, whats going on?

ZPE

Trophies
Website
zpte.wordpress.com
XP
Country
seedvt said:
Hexane26 said:
you do realize r4 iii is a fake and try trimming your roms...

You DO know that trimming (overtrimming) can actually mess up WiFi functions right?

You DO realise that trimming with Rominator, TokyoTrim or DSLazy is 100% safe unless you're a seedvt and you completely faff out.

seedvt

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
tsimehC said:
seedvt said:
Hexane26 said:
you do realize r4 iii is a fake and try trimming your roms...

You DO know that trimming (overtrimming) can actually mess up WiFi functions right?

You DO realise that trimming with Rominator, TokyoTrim or DSLazy is 100% safe unless you're a seedvt and you completely faff out.

Oh of course, I'm just objecting Hexane's suggestion of trimming, as the R4 trimmer isn't safe.

EDIT: If you look at OP's other thread, he said he used R4 trimmer.

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Are you offering Hexane26/Beve? Wouldn't have thought there'd be any life left in your weiner after giving it an all night rub-athon with your super uber firmwares 'release'.

Some little boy is getting very frustrated on this board
rofl2.gif

jagerstaffel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Come on pychoblaster, maybe he meant suck a lolipop...or something less mature, if he even meant anything. I mean, poor feller didn't specify what to suck, so.... well screw it, it's his fault for not specifying, right?
laugh.gif

And yeah, I just love the time when he typo'ed your nick into "pychoblaster" I think I'll use it for the heck of it. I mean, beve has some use after all, right?
laugh.gif

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ha! I love it. The tool can't even upload a pic for us, but he can make a "world's first" R4 firmware bundle that is better than the official release (shhhh...no one tell him that isn't any better, but just mutton dressed up as lamb).
Maybe he can bundle the pic with others and call it "Beve's....I mean, Hexane26's super uber pics package for the R4...yes guys & gals give your ole R4DS and fresh new start and use these wonderfully intellectual & inciteful pics of Hexane26!!
wacko.gif

psycoblaster

Divine
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Dark^'^Knight said:
Ha! I love it. The tool can't even upload a pic for us, but he can make a "world's first" R4 firmware bundle that is better than the official release (shhhh...no one tell him that isn't any better, but just mutton dressed up as lamb).
Maybe he can bundle the pic with others and call it "Beve's....I mean, Hexane26's super uber pics package for the R4...yes guys & gals give your ole R4DS and fresh new start and use these wonderfully intellectual & inciteful pics of Hexane26!!
wacko.gif
but this time, it comes with beup live
biggrin.gif
now you can chat with your DS, too !

MasterPenguin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
He made/took [not sure which] the skins of the clones, stuck them on the R4, and then changed the version number with a hex editor. Called it a brand new firmware.

After, took the R4 firmware, added Sakura, changed the version number, and called it a brand new firmware.

Though the second one isn't too worthless, people seem to be having no trouble doing it on their own. You guys should give beve a break. >_> [He was trying to help the community.]

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
MasterPenguin said:
He made/took [not sure which] the skins of the clones, stuck them on the R4, and then changed the version number with a hex editor. Called it a brand new firmware.

After, took the R4 firmware, added Sakura, changed the version number, and called it a brand new firmware.

Though the second one isn't too worthless, people seem to be having no trouble doing it on their own. You guys should give beve a break. >_> [He was trying to help the community.]

Not really. The problem was that he made a million claims about it and when told by more experienced members that he hadn't actually done a) anything special and b) what he claimed he started having strops and telling people that "he was fixing firmwares so they wouldn't brick the R4".

The problem being no firmwares do actually brick the R4. Then instead of owning up to the fact that he had sought great praise for nothing special he started offering to make "custom firmwares" for people and arguing that it was harder then it seemed, which really it isn't.

Theeen he made a claim that the people behind R4 Deluxes firmware had only "hex edited the firmware, it's nothing special" and when pointed out that he did the same and sought great praise for it he had another strop. His belief in his abilities far exceeds his abilities and insteading of admitting that he's not the uber-hacker he believed he was before joining GBATemp he continues to act like Neo. Plus there's also the fact that whenever someone points out that he's wrong he once again has a strop.

Personally I believe that if someones passing on incorrect info on a forum where people come to for info and help then they should be told. I've been corrected lots of times by more seasoned people on this site - I didn't strop, I went oh shit, what a dumbass I was for thinking the opposite, learnt the new info and got on with it.

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
MasterPenguin said:
You guys should give beve a break. >_> [He was trying to help the community.]
Good one!
rofl2.gif

I may just one day "hang up my boots" and leave him alone (well, until he misleads or abuses another user). But not to give him a break, just to give myself one. I don't know about you MP, but I'm not one for accepting help from a total n00b.
wink2.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol no Gigabytes per song