Not open for further replies.

Tozarian

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Just makes me so much happier to be canadian.
smile.gif

Marsje79

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
When Nintendo starts hunting for the R4 it will be hunting all those cards others for sure at
a later time.
It's not much of a problem because they still be around on the market.
Pirates will be pirates eh?

XRacer101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Good. Nintendo is actually helping us stop n00bs from getting an R4. Whoever buys an R4 nowadays is a n00b. But anyways, that has a lot of loopholes, eh? People who are in Japan and already have an R4 can keep it, according to this. And also, according to this, you can actually buy an R4 in another country, or go to a website located in another country and be fine.

Dedale

Trophies
Website
my.opera.com
XP
Country
Canada
Anyway, in Akihabara you found only R4 so I think that's why Nintendo targeted this card.

However you still can find some M3 sakura and some other stuffs but you don't have big ads saying "SALE R4" no more.

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are they only topping this right now because the R4 was the first DS flash cart i think.well i don't have a R4 no more had like 5 of them but i only bought them to sell them for double the profit on amazon before amazon kicked it out of the listing some time in 2008.i was buying R4s while i had a cyclo which was the second and last flash cart i bought so far.maybe i get a new flash cart if i ever get a DSi.

but first i have to see if the flash carts can survive firmware updates.right now i'm to lazy to see if updating a DSi is a choice.

if i'm correct i read wii v3.4 has auto update if you have wii connect24 on.that is why i'm not sure if DSi has auto updates i got to do some searching about how DSi updates firmware and if it's a choice.

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As others have said, the R4 has been pretty much dead for over a year, and irrelevant for even longer.

However, if they go after other major cards (ie CycloEvo or AceKard, etc...) we might have a bit of a problem, although I am curious if we'll finally get the "homebrew vs piracy" debate officially settled in court. I don't understand how if I buy a game system/computer, whatever, I can't do whatever the hell I want with it. If I'm not encroaching on anyone else's rights, we should be fine.

blanco613

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
who really cares the r4 is outdated. if japan was smart they would make all ds flashcards illegal. but whatever. GO AMERICA!!!

Triforce

Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
I guess none of you guys read proper source of the news?

It doesn't matter about "who cares about R4 etc" R4 have sold the most flashcards out of all the companies, so for Nintendo to sue them and claim money back from those sales is a good step from a business perspective. If you read the corporate doc im sure it states they don't plan to stop and will continue to pursue legal action on flashcards in the future. Obviously this only applies to Japanese stores though.

real sources:
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/corporate/release/2009/090227.html
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/corporate/index.html

Roman_42

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Until now I've always thought, that all this "R4 banning news" on scene- and handheld sites is nothing more than a promotion plan to sell an outdated flashcart. I couldn't find any other explanation for the limitation on the R4 as the one and only pirate gadget for NDS users. I simply didn't believe any of these "R4 banning" news postings from the last year.

But apparently they are really THAT stupid. After wasting at least one year with promoting the R4 on scene and non-scene sites as THE pirate tool, Nintendo shuts down R4. So it's really true. They've created shitloads of new pirates and their gain is to shut down the corrently least important piracy hardware supplier. Nice job Nintendo.
smile.gif

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Triforce said:
I guess none of you guys read proper source of the news?

It doesn't matter about "who cares about R4 etc" R4 have sold the most flashcards out of all the companies, so for Nintendo to sue them and claim money back from those sales is a good step from a business perspective. If you read the corporate doc im sure it states they don't plan to stop and will continue to pursue legal action on flashcards in the future. Obviously this only applies to Japanese stores though.

real sources:
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/corporate/release/2009/090227.html
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/corporate/index.html

Exactly even though we know the R4 isnt good, People new to the scene dont know that and R4 is one of the more popular ones, So by bringing it down Nintendo is trying to prove their serious about the piracy issue.

OFFTOPIC- Triforce, Your Sig is awesome
tongue.gif
I drew on it for like 10 minutes
tongue.gif

darthsabre

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
R4 may be outdated but it still plays all the latest games no problems and for me, that is all I need
smile.gif

I'll be getting a DSi with Acekard 2i soon anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
    Veho @ Veho: Turkish olive oil wrestling. +1