R4 Compatability Questions

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Phlute, May 16, 2007.

May 16, 2007

R4 Compatability Questions by Phlute at 9:31 AM (688 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. Phlute
    OP

Newcomer Phlute Newbie

United States
    Summary:
    R4DS:
    Will 4GB+ microSD cards work?
    Will EZ Flash V Expansion Pak work?
    ---
    Full-length:
    I recently bought R4 for DS and DSLite. I currently use a 1 gig (Japan-made Kingston) micro SD card, and it works wonderfully on my black DSLite. About the hardware, would anyone mind telling me whether or not the 4GB and 8GB micro SD cards will work? If not all of them will work, which SDHC (4GB+) micro cards will work?

Also, I want to get the EZ Flash V Expansion Pak, but I don't know if it can work with R4. Hopefully, some of you will know and tell me. I'm having enormous difficulty finding that information. I realize how pointless it would be to get the 3-in-1 kit if my only slot-1 card does not support it. I really don't want to waste money on it if it doesn't work with my existing hardware. Maybe I'd buy the whole EZV kit instead.

Either way, thank you in advance for all of your assistance!

2. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    Yes, quite well. You'll need one of these apps:
    3in1 Expansion Pack Tool

3. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    I think I read somewhere that anything over 4GB will be classified as SDHC. Not sure though >_> Either way, 4GB cards will take a while to be mass produced/common.