R4 china to english

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by dizzydee, Mar 19, 2008.

Mar 19, 2008

R4 china to english by dizzydee at 11:50 PM (1,925 Views / 0 Likes) 15 replies

1. dizzydee
    OP

Newcomer dizzydee Member

United Kingdom
    Hi, hope someone can help, i forgot my r4 is from china, tried to update to the latest software, now it wont work, last time someone on here converted it from china to english for me, but i cant remember who, its been along time, daughter just started playing her ds again, if anyone could help, much appreciated, and thanks in advance,Dee.

2. JPH

Banned JPH Banned

United States
    This is what you need

Read the notes shaunj66 left in the description box. Fairly simple, but if you have a problem/question don't hesitate to ask [​IMG]

3. dizzydee
    OP

Newcomer dizzydee Member

United Kingdom
    Thankyou so much for your quick reply JPH, i will check it out now, but im not computer savey, so ill know i will struggle lol, but you can be sure ill be back, and many thanks,Dee

4. dizzydee
    OP

Newcomer dizzydee Member

United Kingdom
    Okies, so i down loaded the latest update for the english kernal, but theres no _DS-Menu_DAT in there, any ideas, most welcome, and many thanks once again,Dee

5. distorted.freque

Member distorted.freque I'm getting mixed signals here!

Canada
    Are you sure that's what you downloaded? The link he gave you was for patching...Dunno.

6. dizzydee
    OP

Newcomer dizzydee Member

United Kingdom
    Hi coalfire, yes i down loaded the patch, but ive down loaded the latest english kernal, but theres no DAT file on there, unless im thick, which is probably true lol. so im stuck to convert it. thanks,Dee

7. distorted.freque

Canada
    Really? I've just downloaded it as well and there's a DAT file in mine. You tried checking the folders?

8. Harsky

Member Harsky Madmin

United Kingdom
  9. dizzydee
    OP

Newcomer dizzydee Member

United Kingdom
    Hi Harskey, i think ive got it but its comes up as a round disk with a play feature on it, ive converted it, but it comes up as 1.11 which is wrong, im sorry to be so thick, but at 40, ima still got lots to learn lol, ima try again, see what i can do, many thanks,Dee

10. distorted.freque

Canada
    Stupid question but uh...do you have rar?

11. dizzydee
    OP

Newcomer dizzydee Member

United Kingdom
    Hi coalfire and its ok, im so thick, yes i do have rar, i meant when i unrar it the dat file comes up as a gold dvd disk with a play button on it, but ive tried again, and now it says V1.17, is that the correct update,many thanks,Dee

12. distorted.freque

Canada
    Yep. That's the one. You must have pressed something wrong. Happens to all of us.

13. dizzydee
    OP

Newcomer dizzydee Member

United Kingdom
    ps its all in english too, i think ive cracked it, crossing my fingers knees and toes, and anything else, lmao, many thanks to you all if its v1.17 [​IMG]

14. Harsky

Member Harsky Madmin

United Kingdom
    No. The gold DVD disc icon is probably due to the fact that you probably have a DVD player software installed in your PC and it has the settings to recognise DAT programs as a video file. That's normal. Copy the _DS_MENU.DAT file into the folder where you extracted the converter and follow the instructions and click on patch. Answer the questions and it's be done. Remember to NOT use the file with the name OLD in it

Edit: Blargh, too late

15. dizzydee
    OP

Newcomer dizzydee Member

United Kingdom
    I wounder why my DAT file is comming up as a dvd , would it be cause ive got nero installed, its puzzeling me, but hey, this old learners done it, YEAH claps hands, many thanks,Dee

16. dizzydee
    OP

Newcomer dizzydee Member

United Kingdom
    Yes Harskey, relized that, after id used the old one a few times, then it clicked, many thanks for your support and help so far, Kind regards Dee, yes i know my spellings awful, forgot how to use my brain, lol