Hacking R4 Card wont work after accidental Firmware Update on DSI XL

ltcook77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I bought my son a DSI XL today and had already bought an R4 Gold card.. The firmware that i was told to download would not work on it. the site i have to go on to download is www.r4igold.cn. I finally found firmware on another webpage but only a few games worked..I was getting error messages.. Im not sure why as the first r4 card my son had for his dslite the games worked perfectly.. For some reason they arnt working with this card. Keeps coming up Rom loading Failed. load rom errcode=-4 please reset system.
Never had this problem on my ds lites.
Anyway i thought i would just set up his ds for him as he asked to download something from the ds shop. As i went to do this it said there was a system update that needed to be done before he could go to the shop. So unknowingly we did the update..Now when i put the card in i get an error straight away saying
An error has occurred
Press and Hold the POWER Button to turn the system off.
Please refer to the nintendo DSI Operations Manual for detail.
Is there anyway i can get my sons dsi xl firmware downgraded so the R4i card will work again??
Or is there a fix out there i dont know about yet.. My son is devastated as all he wants to do is play his games. :(
Thanks for your help in advance.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
can you take a picture of your card please
also what website is stated on the card itself?

the old card just needed an updated kernel to run teh newer games

Note*
Kernel Runs the games
Firmware Allows the cart to work on newer systems/system updates

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
update the firmware of the r4igold.cn card, using the DS Lite you have. DS Lites don't have firmware updates so the card will work on it. Put the firmware upgrade at the root of the micro sd card (that means, not in any folder!) and run the firmware update as if it was a game. NEVER turn the DS off while it is updating or the flash card will be BRICKED! When the update says Successful, you can power cycle the DS and take the update file off of your micro sd card. Your card has a firmware update for the newest DSi firmware and 3DS firmware too, so using it will make your flash card compatible with both DS systems.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
update the firmware of the r4igold.cn card, using the DS Lite you have. DS Lites don't have firmware updates so the card will work on it. Put the firmware upgrade at the root of the micro sd card (that means, not in any folder!) and run the firmware update as if it was a game. NEVER turn the DS off while it is updating or the flash card will be BRICKED! When the update says Successful, you can power cycle the DS and take the update file off of your micro sd card. Your card has a firmware update for the newest DSi firmware and 3DS firmware too.
card doesnt have a firmware udpates, on site it says it doesnt need one, just has newer kernel

ltcook77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have downloaded the software upgrade from r4igold.cn.. i have unzipped it and now have put it onto the micro sd card.. Do i put the other software on to make the card work?? If so i have done all this.. Now what do i do? Ive never had this problem before. The card is gold and has wifi R4i and then3D in a start revolution for ds.
thankyou for all the help.:)

ltcook77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have figured it out i think and am doing a firmware update on my dslite. Fingers and toes are crossed..
Thankyou so much for your help. Card is now working again in dsixl..
Some games that work on my other R4i 3Ds from R4i-SDHC.COM wont work on this card.. Is there a reason behind this??
Thanks again for your help

wimu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Hello, i have the same problem the card doesnt work. Can anyone give a valid link to download the latest firmware for this card?
Thanks in advance.

om369

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What does it mean to be bricked? I did what you wrote and accidently turned off my DS when it was updating and now my R$ does not show up on my ds. Please Help

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple