R4 card for 3DS Ver 7.1.0-14U? (Really do not want to upgrade...)

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by Xarana, Feb 20, 2016.

1. Xarana
    OP

Xarana Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 20, 2016
    United States
    Hi, after searching for answers all over the universe (or so it seems), I found this nice tech forum. I wanted to ask anyone familiar with old versions of the 3DS is there is an R4 flashcard that is still being sold and has downloadable software for a 3DS with system version 7.1.0-14U? I bought this 3DS with the intention of never upgrading the version (so basically never using the internet), and I am hoping to find an R4 card that still works with it.

I have already been burned on two accounts when buying the "R4i RTS 3DS" and also the "R4 SDHC Dual-Core", both back in December 2015. Neither card has worked for this 3DS no matter what firmware I seem to put into them. I've also tried two different (and known to work) microSD cards in them. Every time I load the card with any of the new firmware it starts up as a black screen, then turns white, then turns back to a black screen.

Could I be doing something wrong, like not loading the firmware properly? I have been dragging and dropping the firmware files onto the root of the microSD card so far.

Thank you for any troubleshooting ideas. I guess I'm just a few steps away from updating my system if nothing else works. If that happens, I'm sure my next question will be what is a trustworthy card to buy for the updated system and where to buy it from. I feel pretty burned out on buying another card that will not work. Thank you for any help. At my wit's end I guess.

Last edited by Xarana, Feb 20, 2016
  2. hobbledehoy899

hobbledehoy899 Conniption Master

Nov 13, 2015
    United States
    Kernel Version: Linux 4.13.7-1-zen
    Do you have an emuNAND?