R4 And The Nds Calibration

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by shane1972, Nov 4, 2007.

Nov 4, 2007

R4 And The Nds Calibration by shane1972 at 10:47 AM (1,119 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. shane1972
    OP

Member shane1972 GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Hi All,

Just wondering if other ppl using the nds with an r4 are having problems calibrating the screen 100%?
    Im also using a hori screen protector so not sure if thats the problem or the r4 itself.

Cheers Shane

2. Jdbye

Suspended Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

Norway
    Why would the R4 affect your screen calibration? It's not like you calibrate your screen via the R4 loader, you still do it with the original firmware.

3. Tetsuoseraphi

Newcomer Tetsuoseraphi Member

United Kingdom
    I have a problem too.

but as jdbye said i dont think its the R4 itself.

On mine if i press gently on the right side of the touch screen, it clicks down as if it is loose on the internal board of the DS. This means when i calibrate it i need to do it slightly to the left of all the red markers and lose about 2mm on the right of my screen when playing touch screen games.

4. lenselijer

Member lenselijer GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    i had the same problem, picross was unplayable so i had to buy a new ds lite.

i tried to repair the old one by replacing the touchscreen, but i failed [​IMG]

5. woof811

Newcomer woof811 Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    my daughters touch screen is way out and wont calibrate , this has absolutly nothing to do with the r4ds as said previous you calibrate the screen without the use of the r4ds !
    i have bought a new touch screen from dealextreme and will fit it when it arrives , recently replaced the shell (case) so im hopeing the touchscreen should be easy enough. [​IMG]

6. DarkAura

Member DarkAura Offline

Canada
    Maybe it's the screen protector? I put mine on, and the touch screen got screwy. Try taking it off and then trying it out.