Hacking R4 and Mario Kart LE DS system not working with Wood R4

adam6961

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, so I have the original, i think, R4 Revolution for DS (NDSL/NDS).
I tried putting Wood 1.62 on it ,following all the steps, formatted card, extracted files, put the __RPG and _DS_MENU.DAT files in the root directory.
After doing all that and putting some ROMS in a Games folder it just hangs on the loading screen.

I also tried using the last official R4 Firmware and then dual booting Wood from the .nds version I found here on the forums and had the same issue, it just would not load.

Next i tried YSMENU and can only get it to work by using the official firmware and then booting ysmenu.nds

Am I doing something wrong or is my R4 too old to work with Wood R4? I'm pretty sure I bought the very first run of the R4, actually had two but one of them no longer works in the DS as it is very worn from use.
*edit - The R4 that still works in the DS is the original springloaded-microSD slot model and the one that doesn't read anymore in the DS is the redesign without the springloaded-microSD slot. From all my google searching these appear to the original, legit R4 revolution
*edit2 - Got the other R4 to work in my DS with the 1.62 Wood R4 Kernel. Apparently my first run of the R4 card with springloaded-microSD just doesn't like Wood. Long shot but anyone have experience with the springloaded R4 working with Wood?

Last edited by adam6961,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night