R4 + Action Replay DS

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by hankchill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. hankchill
    OP

hankchill I Pwn n00bs.

Nov 5, 2005
    Canada
    Outer Space
    Hey all,

Has anyone played with the R4/M3 and the Action Replay DS, and actually gotten it to work?

I bought an Action Replay DS, put it in, and when I went to swap the game, it told me R4 was unrecognized (which was suspected), but it gave me a Game Code and ID that I could use to make up my own code lists. However, I press the 'Start' button on screen, and when the R4 loads, it hangs on the 'Loading' screen.

Any info/help would be great [​IMG]

--Henry

2. Killermech

Killermech Cookie Monster

Mar 5, 2004
    Atm action replay DS doesn't work with any of the slot1 cards other than the bought ones.

3. hankchill
    OP

hankchill I Pwn n00bs.

Nov 5, 2005
    Canada
    Outer Space
    Suxx0rz.

I sent an email to the R4 team asking them to include compatibility [​IMG]

*crosses fingers* Let's hope they listen [​IMG]

--Henry

4. adgloride

adgloride Its A Wii Wario

Apr 2, 2003
    I can't see how they could include compatibility. That would be down to Datel who wouldn't officially support piracy. Maybe a cheat program or patcher maybe released that runs on the R4.

5. hankchill
    OP

hankchill I Pwn n00bs.

Nov 5, 2005
    Canada
    Outer Space
    Well I'm guessing that it's the R4's loader that's a problem, because the ARDS can see the R4 just fine, as it can find the ID code. The R4's loader hangs when starting the game.

We'll see what happens.

--Henry

6. magikalfly

magikalfly Member

Newcomer
    Dec 7, 2006
    Has anyone tried the codebreaker? Why do people even use action replay? It's inferior to the Codebreaker, at least for the DS.

7. jalaneme

jalaneme Female Gamer

Nov 27, 2006
    London
    i'm using dipstar for now, there should be a topic about how to setp it up on the R4 forums, i have a action replay and it's a shame it doesn't work with the R4

8. bfoos

bfoos GBAtemp Fan

Dec 5, 2006
    United States
    Upstate, NY
    Yeah, it is a shame. After the 1.52 update, you can now select the game you want codes for. The only hiccup at this time is in starting up R4. Too bad dipstar needs a slot 2 cart to work. No love for us slot 1 users.

9. jalaneme

jalaneme Female Gamer

Nov 27, 2006
    London
    yeah it just stays on loading and the bottom screen is just white, are you sure you don't have any slot 2 flash carts lying around? any gba flash cart may work, you might as well give it a try, i'm using a flash cart that is a clone and that worked fine.

10. bfoos

bfoos GBAtemp Fan

Dec 5, 2006
    United States
    Upstate, NY
    I'm positive I don't have any flash carts lying around. I was never into GBA and only got my dsl for xmas. R4 is all I have. Though, I'm thinking of picking up a cheap slot 2 (is there such a thing?) when I get my tax return.

11. jalaneme

jalaneme Female Gamer

Nov 27, 2006
    London
    whats a tax return?

12. bfoos

bfoos GBAtemp Fan

Dec 5, 2006
    United States
    Upstate, NY
    Income tax refund.

I decided against buying flash cart and instead ordered a 4GB memory stick for my PSP.