R4 + 3in1 + ...Cheating?

Discussion in 'GBA - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Dark Reality, Jun 11, 2008.

Jun 11, 2008

R4 + 3in1 + ...Cheating? by Dark Reality at 6:51 AM (1,169 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Dark Reality
    OP

Newcomer Dark Reality Member

United States
    I'm playing my GBA games on a DS with an R4 and an EZ-Flash 3in1, and I'm wondering if I can use cheats somehow?

Castlevania Circle of the Moon is really kicking my ---, and though I'd like to try to win it with skill (I have beat all the other GBA/DS Castlevania games, but this one is just tough) I'd like to have a backup plan. Especially since Dracula's second form is widely considered one of the hardest boss fights in the entire franchise.

2. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    Nope. Your only cheating options are to hack the cheats into the game (either a trainer, or by hacking cheat codes in with an app like GABSharkY), or to transfer the save to an emulator, do your cheating there, then transfer the save back to the R4/3-in-1.

3. Dark Reality
    OP

Newcomer Dark Reality Member

United States
    Thanks for the reply Destructobot. [​IMG]

4. PW1337

Newcomer PW1337 Advanced Member

United States
    There is no need for hacks, I beat Circle of the Moon by using a glitch in the game that I discovered myself, but it's well known, so many people know about it already.

Use any DSS combo without getting the cards

1.) Select a DSS combo that you have.
    2.) Activate it.
    3.) As Nathan begins to glow, quickly pause.
    4.) Now select any DSS combo, choosing cards from empty slots.
    5.) Now instead of the DSS combo you first activated, you will get the new one you chose.

(I got it from gamefaqs as I forgot how it worked)

I remember I used one DSS attack that did a lot of damage to Dracula's second form, it was like swords or crosses coming out of the floor, I think..well the point is that you can use any SDD card even if you haven't found it yet. Some cards require you to push the Backward, Down, Forward, Up using the D-pad to perform their attacks though, so try them out before the Battle.

As for the battle with Dracula, use the Hyper Jump(flying?!) ability, so you won't take damage of the Rush Attack that Dracula performs, which does a lot of damage. Also, level up a bit and have a nice reserve of Points and Mind ups. [​IMG]. Hope this helps.