Hacking R4 3ds swap top and bottom screen?

NeoUmbreon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been searching for a while, (i’m not the best at research, mind you) but I simply cannot find anything near what I am looking for except for this:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/is-ther...e-the-ds-switch-display-screens.274089/page-2
Which is from 2011 and is about a homebrew game on an original ds, wanting to swap the top and bottom screens because one is broken, not ds games being emulated through an r4 on a 3ds.

What i’m asking is, is there any simple way to swap the display of the top and bottom screen through an r4? I know it can be done easily through DeSmuME with the page down key, but there obviously isn’t one on a 3ds. (I want to swap the top and bottom screen in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky, I’m replaying it again as I did years ago, but now the content being on the bottom screen instead of the top bothers me because of how it is done in the new Mystery Dungeon games.)

I know it’s a petty problem, but it would be great if there’s a solution.

GothicIII

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
No it wont be simple because nobody is able to load plugins while ds mode is activated. The ds has no OS like the 3ds and when you run ds games on 3ds the system unloads the os and all 3ds related stuff and behaves exactlylike a ds to maintain compatibility. The games have full control over the ds hardware.

You would need to build an own kernel for r4 (dsmenu.dat) and patch it to swap screens. Problem: it would probably take too much ram and cpu to even run roms.

D

Deleted User

(I want to swap the top and bottom screen in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky, I’m replaying it again as I did years ago, but now the content being on the bottom screen instead of the top bothers me because of how it is done in the new Mystery Dungeon games.)
but its better on the bottom screen! you can control with the touch screen!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: both of which work well in potplayer