R4 3DS runs patched Pokemon Black/White 2?

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by SirkOnivaric, Aug 23, 2012.

Aug 23, 2012
  1. SirkOnivaric
    OP

Newcomer SirkOnivaric Newbie

United States
    Ok, I am curently in the process of choosing a flash card for my 3DS. I have an R4 for the DS Light which works great with the Wood R4 firmware, and I have no problem playing an english translated patched Pokemon Black 2. I am very much interested in getting R4 for the 3DS as I've been quite happy with mine for a while, however I seem to be running into a lot of issues and complaints that the R4 3DS does not run a patched Pokemon White/Black 2 for some reason, and that worries me. Unpatched, nobody has any complaints.. patched, and things go to hell.

My question is, are these complaints legit, or do these people just not know how to set up a flash card to work with these kinds of issues? If it is an issue, what would be your recomendation? I'm looking mainly to play DS and 3DS games, obviously with high compatibility. I'm not really willing to pay in the $30-40 range, around $20 is fine. Thanks for any input!

2. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    The R4i Gold from R4iDS.CN has official support from Wood, so it'll run all the games that Wood on your original R4 does.

If you want to go for something else, the DSTwo is recommended as well.
    http://gbatemp.net/t290097-which-flash-cart-should-i-get

A lot of people are just Doing It Wrong. Applying the wrong patches and junk.

Nothing plays 3DS ROMs. Period.

3. SirkOnivaric
    OP

Newcomer SirkOnivaric Newbie

United States
    Thanks for the quick reply. I kinda figured it was just people messing up the patches and such, as it seems I get better compatibility when updating my firmware while others swear up and down they did the same thing but it doesn't work.. >_>;;

I suppose I'll get the R4i 3DS Gold, no point is switching cards, as I'm familiar with R4, and I only want to play DS games (sucks that there still isn't 3DS game support). Any recomendations on where to buy it? I live in the US btw.

4. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    A lot of people will update Wood but then continue to use their AP-patched ROMs, when AP-patched ROMs should only be used when there's not yet any official support for the game. Once the software supports the game you should stop using ROMs with AP patches.

http://www.zhuzhuchina.com/store/ comes highly recommended.