cutter

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an R4, it rocks, ect.

I'm interested in the 3-in-1. I've heard mixed things about it, though. That it's only compatible with some other slot-1 card, that you have to buy it together, ect.

So answer these:

1. How much does it cost?
2. Will it work with the R4? Automatically?
3. Not really a question, but what are your thoughts on it? Is it worth getting?

Ad_Enuff

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I was hoping that the R4 team would produce one themselves.

I believe the EZ-FLASH V 3-in-1 does work with the R4 but I think its not straight forward.

From what I can remember you have to use 3in1 Expansion Pack Tool v1.9 pack to get it to work.

I'm sure someone else can tell you more or go to THIS LINK for more on this

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
1. Between $19 and $36 shipped to the US, depending on where you buy it.

2A. Yes.
2B. No. As Ad_Enuff said, you need third party software (either the 3in1 Expansion Pack Tool or GBALdr) to make it work.

3. I have one, and I like it. I got it as a cheap interim solution until I could afford a more full featured GBA flash cart, but since then it has become capable enough that I no longer feel the need for another cart. I'm using it with an M3 Simply (same thing as the R4) BTW.

Dunny

Trophies
XP
Country
Get one, you will not regret it. The GBATool 1.9 is simplicity itself to use, and as Destructobot says, only use GBAta to patch your ROMs.

One thing is worth mentioning, is that the memory onboard (256mbit, iirc) is not the space you are allotted for your ROM collection (as I thought at first, having had a 256mbit flashcart for my GBA), but the space allocated for running a single ROM. You store your ROMs on the R4 instead. I have more than 30 GBA ROMs on my R4 now, and I'm happy as a pig in shit :-)

D.

SargeSmash

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am in agreement with Dunny and Destructobot. This thing is pure awesomeness when coupled with an R4.

The real reason I picked one up is because I have a Flash2Advance I bought years ago, and while it works great on my regular GBA and GBPlayer, saves get randomly lost when playing on a DS. It's a weird issue, to be sure, and I never did get it resolved. This solution is much, much better. And if you use NOR, you can still use it in a regular GBA if so desired.

And I bought my original cart for somewhere around 120 bucks... This is mucho cheaper, in impulse buy territory.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: "No! Free! Drinks!"