R4 2015 Gold Pro laters firmware

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by PikachuPrincess23, Sep 14, 2018.

1. PikachuPrincess23
    OP

PikachuPrincess23 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 22, 2015
    Norway
    I have upgrader my 3DS to 11.8.0-41E and won't my R4 3DS 2015 Gold Pro work.
    Where can I download laters firmware for R4 3DS 2015 Gold Pro?
    I need firmware for 11.8.0-41E

2. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolf-husky™ definitely not Lilith

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Many moons away
    What OFW did you upgrade from? Nintendo stopped blocking flashcarts after 7.1 and any cart that worked past that point should still be working on 11.8. If you have and R4i Gold Pro with the URL r4isdhc.com, then it should be working just fine since all builds from 2014+ are literally the same chips and the current ones work just fine on 11.8
    Basically what I am getting at, is that we need more information here. What's the error that you are running into? What is the URL on your cart? Are you running a CFW? Does the icon still show up when the cart is inserted? Have you made a backup of your microSD and reformatted your cart with this application and settings?
    Use these options to format : FORMAT TYPE : FULL (OverWrite). FORMAT SIZE ADJUSTMENT : ON

Last edited by Lilith Valentine, Sep 14, 2018
  3. PikachuPrincess23
    OP

PikachuPrincess23 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 22, 2015
    Norway
    I get error ''correct date or firmware expired. Please check your NDS machine's date configuration'' when I insert R4 3DS Gold Pro 2015 into my 3DS
    my R4 3DS Gold Pro have URL r4isdhc.com

4. kuwanger

kuwanger GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 26, 2006
    United States
    (most?) r4isdhc.com cards timebombed on 2018/9/3. They haven't released an update, so your only real option is to use an alternative menu like ysmenu that's already patched to work with R4isdhc (and I think r4i-sdhc) cards. Just be sure to move ysmenu.nds as r4.dat to the card as one of the first files put on the microsd so the card can find it on startup.

5. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolf-husky™ definitely not Lilith

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Many moons away
    Ohhh~ that has nothing to do with your OFW and everything to do with the fact that the R4iSDHC team is a horrible team that put a "timebomb" in their official kernel.
    You actually need to switch to Ysmenu to bypass this timebomb and get your cart running again
    So follow this post (you ninja'd me)

6. Technicmaster0

Technicmaster0 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 22, 2011
    Gambia, The
    Or you can set the system's date to a previous one. Or make sure that you have the latest kernel from the website. I'm pretty sure that the timebomb of the newest kernel triggers next year, not this one.