Hacking R4 2015 3DS UPGRADE RTS LITE www.r4isdhc.in ??

tri_fin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

I have this card and I think it is probably a fake. However what can I do with this card - I have a 2ds and a N3ds.

I think it needs an update - any idea where I can get it?

Thanks.

tri_fin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I haven't been able to get the card to do much but I guess that is because I am trying it in a 2ds & n3ds?

I thought I might be able to play ds games on my 2ds with it!

tri_fin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

Sorry but this card is labelled '3ds upgrade' so surely it can do something in a 3ds not a DS? What do these cards do or what was their use (back in the day - 2015!)??

Expliciate

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does it look like this?
26d960d973.JPG

I have this and works fine playing DS games. No need for bluecardfix/flashtimecartwarp etc.

tri_fin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Back. It looks like this.

When inserted into n3ds i get spongebob icon and 'SpongeBob's Atlantis Squarepants THQ'

I can run the firmware updater from the website on the sticker and that works from the card and it tells me the card already has firmware 7.

However when I try to load my ds rom it shows yellow fonted 'Loading' and then two white screens. I can use home button to return to home screen.

Any ideas?

I really wanted to play Animal Crossing :)

Attachments

• DSC_0001.jpg
    DSC_0001.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 555

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

When inserted into n3ds i get spongebob icon and 'SpongeBob's Atlantis Squarepants THQ'

I can run the firmware updater from the website on the sticker and that works from the card and it tells me the card already has firmware 7.

However when I try to load my ds rom it shows yellow fonted 'Loading' and then two white screens. I can use home button to return to home screen.

Any ideas?

That card uses the r4 wood firmware

Sleet

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That card uses the r4 wood firmware
Are you sure? I know the white one does.

Any ideas?

Try to format your sd card with SD Formatter. Use full overwrite.

tri_fin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Formatted mSD card but still the same white screen when opening game rom.

Something happens as a save file is created on the mSD card..

Last edited by tri_fin,

suhaib10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is just an R4 clone, it can only play regular DS roms on it not 3DS.

I have the same one :) except the gold one.

suhaib10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am trying to play a DS rom on a 3DS. So it ought to work?
So does the r4 not boot in your 3ds or does it not run the roms.

EDIT: If it boots fine and you can see the menu try recopying the firmware stuff like _ds_ment.dat stuff I had something similar happen when a file got corrupted during transfer.

Last edited by suhaib10,

tri_fin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So does the r4 not boot in your 3ds or does it not run the roms.
It does boot in the 3ds. I select the spongebob cart from the home menu, it says 'loading' in white then i can select which roms I have on my mSD card. Which at the moment is one - animal crossing. When I choose it i get 'processing do not power off' in a yellow box for a second or so (when the .sav is created?). Then "loading' in yellow, then both screens go full white and stay that way.
It should. Is it only Animal Crossing that doesn't work? Did you try any other games? Also disable real time save.

I will try to source another rom. To note I have a firmware update nds file and that runs and tells me I have the same 7.0 firmware on the card that the firmware update contains. So the card kinda works...

tri_fin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for everyone's help. Whilst I have totally wasted hours on this I now know how my r4 card works but will probably never, ever use it! haha.

It was Animal Crossing Wild World - it has serious issues with r4 cards! I can't find a solution - I started searching around and it seemed there was a lot of problems with it. I think it can work but I can't find the solution. I have found 3 versions of it out there but none of them work with my card.

I was certain it wasn't Animal Crossing as it works on my Gateway Bluecard. Anyway if anyone is listening - check everything! But we all know that anyway! haha. Dam computers.

Is there any other way to play DS games on a 3DS? If I bought Animal Crossing WW cartridge would it work? Is there a recommended r4 type card for a n3ds? Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I bet you don't pirate game either