neekstan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hopefully the English version will be coming in the next day or two
smile.gif

From what I can gather it's pretty much the same as the beta except it's bundled with Moonshell 1.6 and you can press "Start" to soft reset out of Moonshell back to the R4 main menu.

Cheers
Nick

jtroye32

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
awesome! i was hoping they'd implement some way to get from moonshell to the r4 menu without using the power switch. go r4 team
grog.gif

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Quick question. I have a chinese R4. To use this, I just need to put it on my MicroSD card, correct? There is no actual "flashing process", right?

Just put them onto the card no flashing needed
biggrin.gif

Has anyone tried downloading the chinese version of this and just copying the moonshell files over. We have the beta version of 1.06 and the only difference in the full version should be the moonshell.

/me runs off to try it

khan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pakistan
Quick question. I have a chinese R4. To use this, I just need to put it on my MicroSD card, correct? There is no actual "flashing process", right?

biggrin.gif

Has anyone tried downloading the chinese version of this and just copying the moonshell files over. We have the beta version of 1.06 and the only difference in the full version should be the moonshell.

/me runs off to try it

Can someone plz link to 1.6 as i would like to test moonshell reset only to see whether it works on our 1.6 beta. R4DS official site is tooooo slow.

Anyone?

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country

biggrin.gif

/me runs off to try it

Can someone plz link to 1.6 as i would like to test moonshell reset only to see whether it works on our 1.6 beta. R4DS official site is tooooo slow.

Anyone?

ooooh, looking forward to that, now i have a actual reason to use monoshell! you cannot reset while in monoshell beta check this video here for proof!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwvqQpPUX1Q

khan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pakistan
Hopefully the English version will be coming in the next day or two
smile.gif

From what I can gather it's pretty much the same as the beta except it's bundled with Moonshell 1.6 and you can press "Start" to soft reset out of Moonshell back to the R4 main menu.

Cheers
Nick

Ok people, i have just tried moonshell from 1.6 chinese release on my 1.6 beta english and reset does not work when i press Start so we are going to have to wait for the proper eng release.

BTW in the .rar file when extracted was _system_ in which ebook folder and inside were fontl, fontm and fonts.dats so i am thinking we will be using different font sizes in the next release.

ilikeyoureyes

Trophies
XP
Country
I just received my r4 today, and went to their site and got the 1.06 firmware to begin with. It was the english version. Everything seems to be fine for me with the exception that I cannot get skinning to work. I have my bitmaps in the _system_ folder in the root of the card.

ilikeyoureyes

Trophies
XP
Country
I just received my r4 today, and went to their site and got the 1.06 firmware to begin with. It was the english version. Everything seems to be fine for me with the exception that I cannot get skinning to work. I have my bitmaps in the _system_ folder in the root of the card.

I figured out my issue. I was doing everything under linux and I think it does it's character encoding a little differently. I tried on a windows system, just copied the bitmaps out of _system_, deleted that folder, recreated it, and copied the bitmaps back in now it is working.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: @Xdqwerty how are you?