myspacee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello,
after a failed HAKCHI 2.21 upgrade (all messed up); I roll-back to 2.20 (save entire folder before upgrade)

Uninstall Modules and then reinstall, then syncronize games.
Did all without error or warning messages...

But now all retroarch games exit after any gamepad button pressing.
If i press select+start to access retroarch, it freezes after 3-4 seconds.

I've my NAND backup, restore it is the only way to fix this issue ?
Any suggestion ?

thank you,
m.

philipx99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Hello,
after a failed HAKCHI 2.21 upgrade (all messed up); I roll-back to 2.20 (save entire folder before upgrade)

Uninstall Modules and then reinstall, then syncronize games.
Did all without error or warning messages...

But now all retroarch games exit after any gamepad button pressing.
If i press select+start to access retroarch, it freezes after 3-4 seconds.

I've my NAND backup, restore it is the only way to fix this issue ?
Any suggestion ?

thank you,
m.

If you using retroarch 0.9c, it has issue with game exit after button press. You could try reinstall only the latest retroarch 1.0 and see it will work. But I would advise best that if you have already dump and backup a copy of your original Kernel. You can try the uninstall thru the Kernel setting and it will erase everything and restore to original kernel state with 21 games. After that you could try moving all the games_snes in your current Hakch2 folder to your PC desktop before deleting the Hakchi2 folder.

Download the new current Hakchi2 (V2.21c) and retroarch 1.0. Extract the new Hakchi2 (v2.21c) folder to your designated directory or your desktop. Move your folder games_snes back to your new current Hakchi2 folder. If you got your backup copy of the original Kernel dump for your snes, you can just copy the backup original kernel to your dump directory. Now drag the retroarch to the Hakchi2 windows and the module to install windows will open. When you click OK, it will prompt you that you need to flash a custom kernel before retroarch and selected core install. Once retroarch and core install, select all the games and synchronize it. Remember if you using retroarch to launch SNES game, then you need to put the --retroarch at the end of command line for that snes game to work. For nes game, no need the command. Also the default reset button have been change to down+select.

philipx99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
I mean retroarch 0.9b not 0.9c. Retroarch 0.9b have issue with game using retroarch exit after button press.

myspacee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hello,
i've restored NAND and reset to default. Try to reinstall from fresh HAKCHI 2.21 but i've a problem.
I can connect and dump devide NAND, but can't upload any games....

Hakchi wait eternally to find device without luck. I'm stuck here.
Any idea ?

thank you!

m.

Last edited by myspacee,

philipx99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Make sure you have nes-mini device driver install in your pc before sync game. you can go to your windows device driver and check whether device driver had install. If not click install device when prompt by hakchi2. Try to get the latest Hakchi2. Also make sure your antivirus software not blocking it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I am using the Zip portable version of hakchi2. There are total of 3 type. The other one is webinstaller and the last one is debug. Maybe you could try using the portable zip version. And get the latest hakchi2 and retroarch version.

myspacee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Done: last drive, last Hakchi2 build.

When install modules, device red light is turned on (red status), also if power button is turned off.
If i connect with HDMI cable, read C8 error on screen.

If i turn on my Snes mini with reset button pressed Windows7 find it as 'NES Mini'
If i turn on my Snes mini without reset button pressed Windows7 find it as 'CLV-S-SNPY' (unknow device icon)

i'm going mad,
m.

Last edited by myspacee,

myspacee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Solved,
but not so sure how...

- download last Hakchi2 portable
- reflash original NAND
- shutdown
- add *one* game only and synchronize
- Hakchi2 ask to install 'custom kernel'
- shutdown
- install modules
- shutdown
- install small group of games and put in a folder
- shutdown

from that moment i can manage my games normally.

Post here, but see an open issue on Cluster GitHub.

thank you for your time,
m.

philipx99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Done: last drive, last Hakchi2 build.

When install modules, device red light is turned on (red status), also if power button is turned off.
If i connect with HDMI cable, read C8 error on screen.

If i turn on my Snes mini with reset button pressed Windows7 find it as 'NES Mini'
If i turn on my Snes mini without reset button pressed Windows7 find it as 'CLV-S-SNPY' (unknow device icon)

i'm going mad,
m.

This two device is needed in windows PC for successfully dump, flash kernel and synchronise games. Ensure both device is in Universal serial Bus devices which can found in device manager. Device "NES Mini" is needed to enable performing task like dump, flash original or custom kernel to snes mini. Device CLC-S-SNPY is needed to enable when performing synchronize of games like NES/SNES to your snes mini. If device is not found, you need to install the device thru Hakchi2. Also ensure you are using and connected to USB 2.0 port install of USB 3.0 port. Make sure Antivirus or firewall are not blocking the Hakchi2.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over