prowler

Sony
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
large.jpg

Will the winner dare open it, we wonder?
QUOTE said:
Some rich retro collector has just gotten their hands on a one-of-a-kind auction thanks to eBay.

The auction was for a display case containing a Nintendo Entertainment System and a Robotic Operating Buddy (better known as R.O.B.).

The final figure? $4,150. Sweet.

"These are extremely difficult to find, and this unit comes 100% complete in the original box," said the seller. "Additionally, I don't believe this unit was ever used as it is in excellent shape, as can be seen in the pictures."
Source
The Auction

I say, congrats to the winner, looks like an awesome rare item to have but $4K? Nah, I wouldn't do it even if I had the cash
tongue.gif

Danny Tanner

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Much, much cooler than that really expensive NES game a few weeks back, this is way cool.

This just reminded me, if you see a display you like at a game store and ask for it, they usually give it to you once the promotion is done with (at least at the four Gamestops near me in New York). I've gotten a crapload of them, just cardboard mostly (they probably wouldn't give this one away
tongue.gif
) but they may be worth something sometime! Just shows it never hurts to ask!

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
Awesome find. The only thing I have a question about, is how does the person that bought it know it's the actual display unit? For all that person knew, the seller could've constructed the casing, printed off a high-quality scan of the back panel with the images/text, bought an NES, controllers, Zapper, the 2 games, and a R.O.B. unit, and put it all together to look identical to the real thing. Nah, it's most likely the real thing.

EDIT: Heh...Gamester81's newest video is about a different display model. Kind of funny that I saw both of these on the same day.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: GM all