R.O.B. Display Unit Sells for $4K on eBay

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by prowler, Mar 16, 2010.

Mar 16, 2010
  1. prowler
    OP

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
    [​IMG]
    Will the winner dare open it, we wonder?
    Source
    The Auction

I say, congrats to the winner, looks like an awesome rare item to have but $4K? Nah, I wouldn't do it even if I had the cash [​IMG]

2. Wabsta

Member Wabsta you fight like a dairy farmer

Netherlands
    Wtb.
    If I had that much money, and was settled and not afraid of anything, I'd buy it.

3. raulpica

Supervisor raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Italy
    I'd buy it. It's just epic.

4. Danny Tanner

Member Danny Tanner GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Much, much cooler than that really expensive NES game a few weeks back, this is way cool.

This just reminded me, if you see a display you like at a game store and ask for it, they usually give it to you once the promotion is done with (at least at the four Gamestops near me in New York). I've gotten a crapload of them, just cardboard mostly (they probably wouldn't give this one away [​IMG] ) but they may be worth something sometime! Just shows it never hurts to ask!

5. Forstride

Member Forstride The rudder moves when I turn the wheel

United States
    Awesome find. The only thing I have a question about, is how does the person that bought it know it's the actual display unit? For all that person knew, the seller could've constructed the casing, printed off a high-quality scan of the back panel with the images/text, bought an NES, controllers, Zapper, the 2 games, and a R.O.B. unit, and put it all together to look identical to the real thing. Nah, it's most likely the real thing.

EDIT: Heh...Gamester81's newest video is about a different display model. Kind of funny that I saw both of these on the same day.