R.I.P. Stargate SG-1

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by jumpman17, Aug 24, 2006.

Aug 24, 2006

R.I.P. Stargate SG-1 by jumpman17 at 5:36 AM (2,098 Views / 0 Likes) 18 replies

1. jumpman17
    OP

Former Staff jumpman17 He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!

United States
    Sci-Fi closing the Stargate

Sci-Fi channel has just pulled the plug to the Stargate SG-1 television show. Now I don't know if anyone else here watches Stargate like me, but I just LOVE the show. I mean, I had to give my Stargate DVDs their own shelf.

Stargate SG-1 is currently on it's 10th season and just aired it's 200th episode making it the longest running sci-fi show on US TV. What a great celebration for their 200th episode. Cancel the show. Brilliant.

Sci-Fi Channel has ordered a 4th season of Stargate Atlantis though so all is not lost.

MGM is also currently working on a second and third Stargate movie with the original cast from the 1994 movie.

They are also working on a 3rd Stargate TV show that would spin off from the new movies. They hoped to have all 3 TV shows running at once like CSI and Law And Order. So much for that idea.

I did read though that MGM is trying to get SG-1 picked up by another channel.

I'm going to go cry myself to sleep now. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

EDIT: And what do they replace it with...ECW...a fake wrestling show...I think I just threw up in my brain... [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Daremo_23

Newcomer Daremo_23 Member

United States
    wow that really stinks!!! as another avid SG-1 nut i hate to see it go but i did have a great run. here's to SG-A....long live the gates. i can't believe wrestling still has fans...damn!!!

3. Normmatt

Member Normmatt Former AKAIO Programmer

New Zealand
    I really hope MGM finds another channel to sponser SG1 so we can see an 11th season, So long Sci-Fi.

for those interested more information can be found here

4. tshu

Member tshu On epic journey, brb.

Canada
  5. 754boy

Banned 754boy :D

United States
    Well, I'm not sad to see it go. I stopped watching the shit when McGyver aka Richard Dean Anderson quit the show. The new caracters were lame and annoying. The old reruns are still better IMO.

6. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Fun news this, due in fact I did not feel like paying TV tax/license I missed the last few series'.
    I do however like stargate and it is/was a fine show, guess I had better grab some DVD's.

7. jumpman17
    OP

United States
    MGM says they will announce the future of Stargate SG-1 hopefully by the end of this week. They said they don't see SG-1 as a TV show but a franchise and that the franchise is not dead. So it sounds like feature films, direct-to-tv movies, direct-to-dvd movies, games, books, etc... I sure hope they can get another channel to pick up the show though.

8. The Teej

Former Staff The Teej Also known as The Tjalian

United Kingdom
    Hey, what's wrong with ECW? It brings viewers, which is what Sci-Fi cares about the most.

9. jumpman17
    OP

United States
    What's wrong with the ECW (or any wrestling show like it) is that Sci-Fi is replacing a real show that took thought to make with mindless craptainment that takes no thought to make.

The problem with channels now is that they are so focused on getting as many viewers to their channel as possible, that they end up showing whatever crap that they think will bring in viewers, not what the core of the channel is. It's the Sci-Fi channel, and cancelling sci-fi shows to bring in wrestling only ends up alieninating it's original viewers.

10. Psyfira

Member Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

United Kingdom
    They were gonna cancel it back when the Macguyver guy left, so I guess I'm just thankful we got seasons 9 and (part of?) 10 at all. They have to end it sometime I guess. I liked those later seasons; expected it to be rubbish but it was actually kinda entertaining.

Doesn't answer the question of why the Sci-Fi channel is showing wrestling at all though... (or do they always do that in the US?) [​IMG]

11. ShADyX

Member ShADyX Advanced Member

Australia
    E-C-DUB E-C-DUB E-C-DUB

12. Xeronage

Member Xeronage GBAtemp Advanced Fan

They're only at season 7 in the netherlands, but I do hope they continue it, I didn't really expect the actor behind O'Neill leaving the show..

13. delta123

Member delta123 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    and i was getting back into the series. i stopped watching when dean anderson left. but got back into it when they did that atlantis crossover a few episodes ago.

14. tshu

Canada
    $20 says they start up a Stargate The Animated Series.

15. Psyfira

Member Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

United Kingdom
  16. tshu

Canada
    Well, I'm no Stargate fan. I'm more of a MacGyver man myself. [​IMG]

17. Youkai

Member Youkai Demon

Germany
    Will that sci fi channel only stop sending Stargate or will there be no more episodes ?

If the second than i would like to know why they didn't just cancel Stagate Atlantis ... i know noone who like it ... sg atlantis is one of the wors series i ever saw .... no clue why i just don't like it

18. zim_

Newcomer zim_ Member

United States
    i love scifi, but i hate sg1, atlantis is alot better but still the same problems exist

BAD ACTORS dragging both those shows down, since the 2 farscape cast members joined it has been alot better, the 200th episode was really cool but the 201 ep TOTALLY SUCKED.. atlantis is anoter story, teala and the guy with the dreads CANT ACT FOR SHIT!!!! holy crap they take in this refugee chick, now shes taking command positions!?!?!?!??!? she is HORRIBLE I HATE HER.. good thing they got rid of that other bad actor , the soldier guy who got his eyes turned blackfrom the "juice".. he was HORRIBLE. they all sound like they are reading the script. who the hell allows this to happen.

i do like the other chars. they are very likable i dont want to see atlantis get cancelled but im afraid it will happen soon

sg1 has always been a crap show to me, i always wanted to like it but the acting is just so bad everyone speaks like they are reading from a script it bugs the shit out of me. same thing with ENTERPRISE few good actors but alot of bad ones too, they ruin the experience for me. in sg1 every episode is the same just like macgyver its pathetic, and the chick isnt all that hot anyway they act like she is sooo hot meanwhile she is average at best.

ive seen every episode of atlantis, really like it alot,but i think its alot like farscape in some ways and farscape to me was the BEST!!! by far.

i wish they would bring back farscape and stop playing games around with stargate

oh kwah tan zin wahn

19. jumpman17
    OP

United States
    Psyfira 1: They will finish all 20 episodes of this season so it will be a full season 10 atleast.

Psyfira 2: Stargate: Infinity was so bad that I didn't even make it through the first episode. I couldn't believe something so aweful could carry the name Stargate on it.

Youkai: I find Stargate Atlantis quite enjoyable. I'm not a fan of Farscape though. Different shows for different people I guess.