Hacking R.I.P. Flog - You'll be missed in v4.0.0.

delete12345

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SciresM found out starting in v4.0.0, the game, flog, will no longer be available to launch, as the official way for launching it was removed from the Home Menu.

Flog was stubbed: official code for launching it was removed from the home menu, and *all* code was overwritten with garbage. Thus, even attempts to launch it manually will result in the loader returning error 0xA09.

Source:

http://switchbrew.org/index.php?title=4.0.0

Main Reason why it's removed:

If they're following tradition, they removed it because it's like opening an omamori, ruins the charm.

When people found it, it was done being a charm. You never open an omamori, lest the blessing flee from inside.

Last edited by delete12345,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
If they're following tradition, they removed it because it's like opening an omamori, ruins the charm.

When people found it, it was done being a charm. You never open an omamori, lest the blessing flee from inside.
That's a cool tradition, but I'm still sad that hackers ruined it for legit users in this case.

Reactions: Catsinabucket

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's a cool tradition, but I'm still sad that hackers ruined it for legit users in this case.

I wouldn't say it was ruined. It was probably never meant to be found, so we'd have never known about it.

Love, love lost.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I genuinely wonder if someone snuck it in and it was never actually supposed to be a feature within the Switch. It's a bummer I never got to try it, I do love that since it was accessible for one day (unless of course you got a new Switch, didn't connect it to the internet and set it to the date in question), and on that day no one was yet aware of it, so if you managed to accidentally get it running, as I recall at least one person genuinely did, then that is a pretty magical thing.

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't even know why they included an emulator if Nintendo dropped the ball on VC anyway.

My guess is that their plans changed at some point but the emulator was already written or someone did it as an exercise/tech demo.

If the homebrew community had access to the sdk, Im sure it wouldnt have taken long for them to come up with something.

The current plan from what Ive heard is that they going to include VC games as part of their paid online.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My guess is that their plans changed at some point but the emulator was already written or someone did it as an exercise/tech demo.

If the homebrew community had access to the sdk, Im sure it wouldnt have taken long for them to come up with something.

The current plan from what Ive heard is that they going to include VC games as part of their paid online.

I heard VC and online are separate things though,

https://www.polygon.com/2017/6/2/15730702/nintendo-switch-virtual-console

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: but nintendo licensed