Hacking qwikrazor87 Releases ARK eCFW for 3.60 (also works on 3.61 and 3.63!)

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 6,869
  • Replies 27
  • Likes 3
D

Deleted User

OP
ark_bubble_zps7c5e045d.jpg

Yesterday, qwikrazor87 released ARK eCFW for firmwares 3.60 and above, enabling ePSP CFW without the need for reinstalling taiHEN/HENkaku every time before accessing it.

Although it may not be a fully-fledged CFW like Adrenaline, it brings back new features to the table, such as PS1 ISO support (however with a lack of audio), running some games that Adrenaline otherwise couldn't, and as mentioned, support for firmwares 3.61 and higher (for the moment) due to HENkaku/taiHEN not being neccessary to run it, though you may have to ask for someone else's pre-setup ARK bubble to actually get it onto your Vita in the first place.
This is especially useful if you are interested in PSP ISO support on the Vita, but would prefer to stay up-to-date on the latest firmware.

This will more-than-likely be the only release though, as there are no claims for support on the project anymore. Adding on to this, there is no way to enable PSP plugins like Adrenaline can at the moment either.

How do I install this then?
The original instructions are quoted below. You can grab the download from the link at the bottom of this post.
This is pretty much exactly like the old days where you had to transfer a PBOOT.PBP file to your PSP basegame location, then backup and restore the said basegame using QCMA.

qwikrazor87's instructions said:
Copy PBOOT.PBP to base PSP game folder in ms0:/PSP/GAME/GAMEID/
Transfer PSP save to the Vita.
Backup and restore base PSP game with CMA/QCMA.
You should now have ARK on the Live Area where the original base game should be.
Now you can run PSP homebrew and games.
Enjoy ARK on 3.60.

To exit games and homebrew to the ARK menu, hold L + R + Down + Start.

this kexploit involves AES decryption/encryption
(using sceChnnlsv buffer in kernel RAM for fake thread UID)
for it to work with the threadman UID exploit.

But I only have 1 PSP game, and I already set that up with Adrenaline!
It is possible to clone your original PSP basegame by copying all the contents from your PSP game's folder, located at ux0:pspemu/PSP/GAME/TITLEID/, and placing them into another 9-character game folder (/NPEG00000/, for instance). After that, rebuild the Vita's database, then you should have 2 of the same bubble on the LiveArea screen. Now you can set up the ARK installation process using the newly-cloned bubble!
~ (Thanks Markus95 in the Wololo comments section for this info)

EDIT: Just note that the bubble cloning method should only be done with properly-bought/downloaded PSP games, and not basegames that have been installed through Package Installer, otherwise the bubble will not work due to the invalid license (since it uses VitaShell's).

Have fun! I managed to set it up myself only just now, and it's perfectly running my PSP ISOs like a treat already! :yaypsp:

:arrow: Source/Instructions: http://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=47678

Last edited by ,

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
ARK is just a standard PSP kexploit like before Henkaku was a thing, so it won't feature any extra options that Adrenaline can as it's not using any native Vita exploits (and won't be updated to do so).

Still neat though, it's nice to have multiple options when it comes to PSP exploits and this will be nice when someone wants to run an Adrenaline problem game.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
So some games don't work on adrenaline? All the ones i tried worked. Not a single problem. What games don't work?:unsure:

Besides is a matter of time before updates come rollin in. :creep:
Some translated games don't run on Adrenaline, some games with a certain type of cutscene format have graphical glitches on Adrenaline (like Valkyrie Profile)

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some translated games don't run on Adrenaline, some games with a certain type of cutscene format have graphical glitches on Adrenaline (like Valkyrie Profile)
So there was no published data base of the games compatibility? Well least i still have my PSP. Though outrun 2 still sucks a egg for it not even being able to run well in the first place. :P

mikedg00

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
i am new to this. for the base psp game folder, does it mean psp games downloaded from the playstore or external source?

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Can this actually be installed onto a Vita already running 3.63?

I'm trying to install this onto my brother's 3.63 machine. I do have my 3.60 machine handy if needed.

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can this actually be installed onto a Vita already running 3.63?

I'm trying to install this onto my brother's 3.63 machine. I do have my 3.60 machine handy if needed.

1) Set up the bubble using the 3.60 vita.

2) Back up the bubble using qcma to your pc.

3) Restore the bubble on your brothers 3.63 system.

4) ????

5) Profit :grog::grog::grog::grog:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended