Hacking Qwertyoruiopz Drops PS4 hints for FW4.55 + 5.0x entry points.

• Thread starter Deleted-355425
  • Start date
  • Views 7,615
  • Replies 23
  • Likes 1
D

Deleted-355425

Tweets by Qwertyoruiopz state to quote "the bug he published is a bug that is exploitable up to 4.55 using webkit, and up to 5.0x using non-webkit entrypoint.". This should aid hackers in exploiting the bug once code is written for newer PS4 Firmware consoles.

Take a look at his twitter for more info. https://twitter.com/qwertyoruiopz

Reactions: operador7
D

Deleted-355425

I knew he's a filthy crypto miner.

Anyway, I doubt he'll release anything but it would be interesting to see it unfold none the less.

Yeah he has said he wont release code but he has stated how to achieve the entry point which hopefully will let someone else run with it.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Yeah he has said he wont release code but he has stated how to achieve the entry point which hopefully will let someone else run with it.

Spectre dev perhaps?
Idk, he seems the kind of guy for it.

Naxster

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
He is the type of guy who wrotes that he has "exploited" firmwares/jailbreak but will never release it... So I don't believe any words that he is saying/writing...

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Ah yes, qwerty, the guy that never releases, only teases

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has released a multitude of iOS jailbreaks.

He is the type of guy who wrotes that he has "exploited" firmwares/jailbreak but will never release it... So I don't believe any words that he is saying/writing...

See above.
But yes, for PS4, never released a thing.

Reactions: DayVeeBoi

RyoX9

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
discovering entry point on a firmware is more than enough for Qwertyoruiopz just one guy and he also contributed to current 4.05 exploit, i believe thats more than enough from guy and others should contribute.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the webkit exploit does in fact work. I'm 4.07, and it works perfectly fine through xampp. it's only a webkit exploit, not a kernel one. however, he said that the kernel exploit works on 4.07, but he never divulged how it worked. a lot of people updated to 4.06 hoping something would come out of it. he has said that he won't release anything until another exploit is found, so if he's being truthful about it, another has been. I think I saw his name in the list of devs responsible for the 4.05 exploit.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He didn't hint, he told the public the vulnerability that he used and basically how to implement it. A dev just has to actually implement it. It's also important to note that his exploit up through and including 4.55 can be accessible via a webkit hack (userland). Above that through 5.0x needs a new entry method.

Reactions: peteruk

gamba66

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
He didn't hint, he told the public the vulnerability that he used and basically how to implement it. A dev just has to actually implement it. It's also important to note that his exploit up through and including 4.55 can be accessible via a webkit hack (userland). Above that through 5.0x needs a new entry method.

Excuse my question but is there actually a public webkit exploit for firmwares over 4.05 (actually 4.07)?

Tbh his hints dont hide the fact how much work in disassmembly and debugging it takes to create a stable webkit + kernel exploit.

Many people underestimate just how much work it is, even if you know the general method, applying it in detail is a whole other challenge that meeds testing and finetuning.

Reactions: DayVeeBoi

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Excuse my question but is there actually a public webkit exploit for firmwares over 4.05 (actually 4.07)?

Tbh his hints dont hide the fact how much work in disassmembly and debugging it takes to create a stable webkit + kernel exploit.

Many people underestimate just how much work it is, even if you know the general method, applying it in detail is a whole other challenge that meeds testing and finetuning.

yes, it was ported by another dev to as late as 4.07. I have the webkit files on my pc actually.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not that I'm aware. I think the same exploit works up to 4.07. it might work higher than that, but afaik, it hasn't been ported.

UltramanMHA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What querty did was pretty much what f0 did just with less detail in terms of releasing the exploit - if I understand things correctly that is, which I probably don't. I don't understand the blind hatred people have for the guy anyone care to enlighten me as to why he's disliked? :L

Last edited by UltramanMHA,

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What querty did was pretty much what f0 did just with less detail in terms of releasing the exploit - if I understand things correctly that is, which I probably don't. I don't understand the blind hatred people have for the guy anyone care to enlighten me as to why he's disliked? :L
He got into PS4 hacking, a couple of days later he brags that he has a webkit exploit, another couple of days later he "claims victory" (aka kernel access), then he keeps stroking himself with the fact that he defeated Sony in just 5 days again and again, later states that once he finds more exploits he will release his current one... He never releases anything... People call him out that is all BS.

If he really was able to get kernel access in just 5 days from the ground up, why hasn't he achieved it again in all these months? After he claimed PS4 is childsplay to hack...

Either
A) He overbragged his skills and got "lucky" and/or help with his current exploit.

Or

B) Is all BS.

Reactions: peteruk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.