QV question *spoiler* look at your own risk

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by hkstyle, Feb 21, 2009.

Feb 21, 2009
  1. hkstyle
    OP

Newcomer hkstyle Member

United States
    so i came along to a part where i got to choose 1 of 3 girls to marry on dragon quest, it was either bianca, nira, or debora. so I'm assuming that picking whichever will change the story a little somehow? anyone got information on this? its such a hard decision xD

2. Morgawr

Member Morgawr GBAtemp Fan

Italy
    I haven't reached that point yet and I have never played DQV before (not even SNES versions) but after reading some posts on GameFAQS I can say that the story itself will not change... nothing special will change actually just choose whichever you prefer (deborah!

3. hkstyle
    OP

Newcomer hkstyle Member

United States
    ya apparently i guess whoever u choose joins your party, but im curious to see their stats and what skills they will learn later.

4. Morgawr

Member Morgawr GBAtemp Fan

Italy
    From what I heard it goes this way:

Bianca is more storyline relevant (that's why most people choose her) because she's your long lost childhood friend. She's a good Mage and a decent Fighter type character. She's got fairly good stat growth and overall she's a balanced character.

Nera is the cutesy type of character, she's rich and good looking. She's not that involved in the story (Deborah either) and they added the scene at the beginning on the ship (which was, as far as I know, absent in the original SNES game) just to give them a bit of depth but they don't really have any. She's a very good Mage character but lacks at fighting skills.. she's got stat growth toward magical type and she's a better Mage than Bianca.

Deborah is the same as Nera story-wise, she's the tomboy/dominatrix character (XD). She's a fighter type of character and her stat growth is toward melee fighting style.

That said, I still think monsters are your best companions in this game [​IMG] Choose whichever you like though.. I'll take Deborah for myself just to see her comments in party chat during the game...

PS: Also I heard about a possible comment in party chat of Nera saying that she f*cks like a tiger after talking to a certain NPC XD I want to see what Deborah will say... :3

5. hkstyle
    OP

Newcomer hkstyle Member

United States
    LOL, well that helps a little more towards my choice. Bianca the balanced character it is!

6. darnoc

Member darnoc GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I chose Bianca

7. NDStemp

Member NDStemp GBAtemp?! No! NDStemp

Canada
    I'm stuck at the part where you are only talking about marriage. Whenever I go in the mansion.
    There are 3 guys blocking the door and when I talk to the woman there she says I have to wait in line if I told her I want to marry Nera and if I said no she told me I have to go. Help please [​IMG]

8. Terenigma

Member Terenigma Terenigma everywhere

United Kingdom
    leave town and come back and go back into the room , talk to the woman and pick yes about marrying her then talk to all 3 guys and talk to the woman again and a scene should occur...

[edit] and in responce to original topic. i picked nera because she has heal spells and i needed a mage since the rest of my team is primarily focused on fighting skills

9. NDStemp

Member NDStemp GBAtemp?! No! NDStemp

Canada
    Thanks dude ^-^