Hacking Qustion, what causes the File system too fragmented error?

Wizard298

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am wondering what causes this error, ecause I was just about to place an order until I found out about this error..... many people are still getting them after the 1.41 update and so forth

Anyone with the updated firmware still getting them?

Is the RTS causing this or what?

I have an edge card and wanted to buy a cylco for my 2nd ds lite
I mainly want the cyclo cause iut's got good 3 in 1 support where the edge card does not support it too well......

the only thing stopping me from buying an evo is this file frag error..... I was either going to get a evo or a ez flash 5, but the damn thing you gotta patch the games which is a pain for me...... Arg this matter is driving me nuts!

Would really appreciate any insight on this matter!

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This is a very old and non-existant problem now. Don't worry. The newest firmware is now 1.55, I don't know where you read about this problem but it's horribly outdated.

Wizard298

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
THanks for your help demon! I got one last question, how much battery power does it use up compared to edge card? Cause I get a lot of playing time out of my edge card...... ya it was outdated, but I could not find a recent thread about it so I figured the problem was solved, but made a thread to be sure!

Gariscus

Former Team Cyclops Mod
Trophies
XP
Country
The Edge and the CycloDS are almost the same(except for a few extra features exclusive to the CycloDS). I'm pretty sure they are both made by the same people(Team Cyclops has not confirmed or denied this - at least not that I know of). So I think the battery power would be about the same if not better(the CycloDS has a special feature called "Battery Saver").

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Since the CycloDS has some on-board memory that stores the firmware, it uses up a little bit more battery life. I'd say the difference would be around 10 minutes at max brightness between the Cyclo and the Edge. There is a battery saver mode that works very well in saving battery life, but it sometimes causes certain games (Castlevania: PoR and Grand Theft Auto) to lag or freeze. I usually don't bother with the battery saver mode.
Also, keep in mind that microSDHC cards take up a lot more battery than regular microSD, so take that into consideration if you haven't bought one yet.

Wizard298

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why does the microsdhc use more battery life?

All mine say microsd HC on them, those are the ones I use for my edge.......

Man everywhere I look online they say micro sdhc.......

you know a place to get good ones?

GH0ST

Your Hero is a Ghost
Trophies
Website
www.neuronball.com
XP
Country
France
Edge is just a clone without firmware shipped with... ( no onboard OS memory to avoid recent legal issues)... and without french language...

Power Consumption is generally an average 60-80 mA it is depending on brands too ... Read and write speeds may vary depending on the read and write conditions, such as devices you use and file sizes you read and/or write. So i guess high capacity means a little more PC and ... than less autonomy.

Most errors came from users themself : To avoid fragmentation just keep at least 10% free on your card .... never format the card or windows will mess it... always securely remove the card after write/cache is finish.

If you move a lot of files contantly just backup and remove everything/copy them again.

I use my CEVO since 2007 without a problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Yeah agreed