Emulation Qustion regarding gba on psp

txf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, I've had gba on my psp for a while, without any problems. However, I just tried to put "Aladdin"(remake of the snes game), on my psp. I get a couple seconds into the game, then it resets the rom. I try again, and this time, a few seconds in, the image and sound gets really messed up, as if you were playing it on gba, and someone pulled the cart out in middle of playing. EVERY other game I try works just fine, except this.

I would also like to state, that this game works perfectly fine on VisualBoyAdvance.

Thanks for any help I can get

smile.gif

txf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That, actually, didn't help me at all..

I tried it for SNES, problem is, it runs kinda slow for some reason, Plus I'd prefer to have as many games as I can, on one emulator, so I don't have to keep switching back and forth.

txf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe, I dunno. I really don't want to have to have 2 emulators on my psp for gba, just for one game. Thats kinda why I asked this in the first place, to see if anyone knew of a way to fix it.

rdurbin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe you need to update your emulator or just use a new gba emulator and delete your old one, if you dont want 2. I use "UO gpSP kai 3.2 test 8" for gba games. It seems to work pretty well, but I have not tried Aladdin on it.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Aren't there two GBA emulators for PSP?
There are a lot, but are pretty crappy. Only gPSP is good enough.

Be sure to use gPSP 0.9. If it doesn't work, odds are that it will never works, until a new version of the emulator is released, as it could be that uses something that is broken/unemulated in this version of gPSP.

Or you could try to find/do yourself a setting editing game_config.txt, but it's pretty difficult stuff.

linkinkid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the same thing happened to me(well not with aladin),what's probably happening is that you're using a rom that doesn't correspond your region,gpSP will only run regional roms, so if you live in the U.S but got an european rom, it most likely won't run it,and if it does then it will reset itself after the beggining screen, just try another rom and make sure it corresponds your region.

Twiffles

танковые победы
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
*Has a Japanese PSP and just played US "Megaman" Zero*
It's not really the region that does anything, more likely it's the rom itself.

InuYasha

Professional Coke Fiend
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Call me crazy but you would have an easier time just buying a pc controller and running snes on your computer it's much better.....

linkinkid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i stand corrected then,maybe the problem is only with europen roms then, because i just tried a japanese rom in my US psp and it worked,but i tried Mario Tennis Power Tour(european version) and it kept resetting itself,whereas the same rom in U.S version worked fine(slow though)

Twiffles

танковые победы
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Mario Tennis Power Tour (U) has tons of graphical and sound glitches. Plus it lags like crazy, while as Pokemon work fine.

linkinkid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
agreed, the game in my opinion is unplayable, this is the game that i've experienced problems with exept for some sound glitches in golden sun 2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • DTApple
    please let me look cool as well
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hke2YUirpf4 +1