ROM Hack Quik guide to play a hacked guitar hero

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i use the d pad instead cuz i cant finger with my right hand and strum with my left
im just not very cordinated
and i hold the ds spun 90 degrees counter clockwise (d pad is on the bottom)
the controls are way harder
cuz its

down-green
up- red
left-yellow
right-blue

it would be better like
up-green
left-red
down-yellow
right-blue

anyone else play like me?

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
This hack is useless to me. I guess I'll have to wait until July 18th before I play this game...

Batman55

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Any way that it's done, the game will never be functional enough. Sometimes it tells you to press UP and DOWN on the D-Pad at the same time...

AGENT209T

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LOL that didn't take long
going still get the game for my son though and keep this file for me when i actually feel like trying it out

kevenka

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tinymonkeyt said:
i use the d pad instead cuz i cant finger with my right hand and strum with my left
im just not very cordinated
and i hold the ds spun 90 degrees counter clockwise (d pad is on the bottom)
the controls are way harder
cuz its

down-green
up- red
left-yellow
right-blue

it would be better like
up-green
left-red
down-yellow
right-blue

anyone else play like me?
I am...That's why I am currently not good at the game...may take some getting use to.

itsRANDELL

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well Im doing fine in medium by putting my DS on the table and pressing ABXY with my left while strumming with my right. Its like playing DDR with strumming but with the use of my fingers.

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lazycus said:
How can you do chords with the D-pad? Or is the obvious answer you can't and you have to stick to easy difficulty?
yeah basically
unless they change the hack to add some shoulder buttons or something
for the moment, its all we can do

bustyman100

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
The button set up kind of makes sense to me. If you put your DS sideways, the Y button is the closest to you, and it represents the lowest fret/notes on the guitar neck. Red and yellow are X and B in the proper left to right positions. And the A button is the furthest away from you, so it is the blue fret, which is the highest note. So it makes sense as a matter of lowest pitch to highest pitch, I think.

It is not logical in the sense that, on a guitar, the higher notes would actually be closer to your body (ie you would slide your left hand to your right, closer to your body, in order to reach the upper frets).

I can do chords just fine. Hammer ons and pull offs are a bitch though.

bustyman100

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Oh my god, I just went through 8 songs and the sound quality is horrible. Gamespot was right, the tracks sound like AM radio quality. I tried plugging in some hifi headphones, PC speakers, hell I even plugged my DS into my all-tube hifi system and it all sounds frizzy and tinny. I seriously think IGN got a handsome pay off from Red Octane to give this game 9/10.

I was actually going to buy this
wacko.gif
so glad I didn't. Guess I will just stick with my home console versions. Thanks to the mysterious Dutch/Japanese person who hacked this- you just saved me 100 NZ dollars. Time to import daigasso band brothers DX I suppose.

jeronz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
bustyman100 said:
I was actually going to buy this
wacko.gif
so glad I didn't. Guess I will just stick with my home console versions. Thanks to the mysterious Dutch/Japanese person who hacked this- you just saved me 100 NZ dollars. Time to import daigasso band brothers DX I suppose.

Yes why are games so expensive here.

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
with some training chords are quite possible if you hold the DS in book mode.
just put your left hand behind the touch-screen half of the ds, and from there your fingers on the ABXY buttons(usually 1, for chords you'll need more)

cosmiccow

Original Hippie
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
it works in NO$GBA. err..kinda.. the top screen is just black when it goes ingame. so i can't see the notes
wink.gif

it might be playable in iDeaS on a fast pc. you can see everything (though has some glitches and flickering), strumming works..but my pc is not fast enough to play it with sound.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence - +1