Gaming Quicky on PSN downloads (psp games/psone retro)

VmprHntrD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there anything really special required to get these to run on your PSP? I know for UMDs and stuff, legit ones, you need the pandora battery and all that. But I'm thinking like I could log into PSN now on my PC here and pay the $6 for Street Fighter Alpha or $10 and Echochrome and they go right onto my HDD, and from there you just copy them onto the memory card as I got a reader on my PC here.

Is it that simple to do this? Or do I need pandora or whatever steps to get this way into stuff?

Honestly I'm just asking because I'm curious about a pair of PSOne titles but I want to try them out and there's no demo for Alpha or Castlevania Chronicles. And on the lacking UMD front I named one, and then that Stardust Shooter one I'm curious about too.

VmprHntrD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So like no one here has ever tried to take a file off there ever eh? I bought SF Alpha last night to try and clue myself in on it, and so far it appears just to be a standard setup so unless there's some tagging or copy protection routine like WiiWare games on a SD card why couldn't it work?

So, are these things out there? I saw one torrent for a UK release of Super Stardust last night, but no luck on any of the PSOne classics or other stuff like Flow and Everyday Shooter PSP/PSN. I'm leaning towards hoping you can just grab and go because you're not circumventing a UMD game, but on the other end there are UMDs on there too and pandora is still in use.

Anyone got some thoughts on it?

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My friend had Syphon Filter Combat Ops before, I got it for him, so we both play online.
smile.gif

But then I got CFW on his PSP, it reset all the firmware settings, so it didn't work anymore, the PSP HAS to be connected to download it, it's not a ticket id stored on the PSP either, it's encoded in the EBOOT.PBP when you download it.

Or that's my theory...

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
there is a psp app call npdecryptor (use google to get it)

you BUY a game off the PSN
run it
quit it
then run npdecryptor on it
you will get an ISO of the PSN game
the iso will run on any CFW psp

you can also update to 5.00+ and use the PSN store right form the PSP

i think there is a file in FLASH2 of the psp the stores the some PSN info
there also LICENSE files foe PSN games

VmprHntrD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have a hacked PSP, it's a virgin.
wink.gif

I reading this seem to if I get this right see I have to hack it to play these things I was finding. I didn't know they were signed.

Pizzaroo

douchebag
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this is an off-topic question, but do you have a link to BUY the virtual PSP echochrome download? I can't find it on the Playstation store! D:

EDIT: nvm found it.

Pizzaroo

douchebag
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Vampire Hunter D said:
Ahh yah you found it, but did you notice the addon package along with it that recently came out too?

Yeah, thats why I want to get it. But I found out that the PSP3000 silver package comes with echochrome (and hopefully the addon for it)

VmprHntrD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It won't as that package was decided awhile ago. If it did I'd be very surprised. The only thing I'd want from that entire package would really be the movie since the turds won't retail release it as it's a special pack-in item.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: