Quickly switch between Atmosphere and SX (NOT MIGRATING; but switching between them)

Exequiel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey,

It seems I've hit a wall in the migration process from SX to Atmosphere due to not being able to roll-over all saved games (including Animal Crossing) and Profiles.. Bear in mind, I currently can dual-boot between both CFWs via RCMLoader.

With that in mind, I could simply utilize both and I was wondering if there exists a straightforward (i.e. none-modder person such as my girlfriend) way to quickly and conviniently switch between both CFWs without having to shutdown/insert the RCMLoader/Press Vol+ AND power button? I'm asking because my girlfriend is heavily invested in Animal Crossing and I can't play more recent games due to 12.0 SDK limitations of SX without switching to Atmosphere, but then if should would want to resume her games she'd have to switch back to SX which I know will raise her annoyance levels..

I'm aware of Reboot to Payload in Atmosphere but it doesn't seem I can go both ways (Atmosphere to SX as well as SX to Atmosphere).

Thanks for your time!

Last edited by Exequiel,

kidkat210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Setup tesla and fastcfwswitch. Tesla is an overlay (same idea as holding the home button but requires a combination of buttons). Fastcfwswitch is a ovl file used in tesla that allows you to boot directly to a different payload. This should do the trick for you.

Just curious, why not full switch to atmosphere?

Exequiel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thx for the quick reply; I will look into Tesla and fastcfw :)

I can’t fully commit to Atmosphere because I can’t find a way to transfer the saved game data of animal crossing to atmosphere since that’s the only game my gf plays😂

kidkat210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
save data is stored to the nand (unless you change to store it on sd) but for extracting. use jksv to extract your saves. but you should be able to boot atmosphere instead of sx to the nand the save data is on. are you using emunand, sysnand, both, multiple emunands. whats your setup like essentially

shanefromoz

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thx for the quick reply; I will look into Tesla and fastcfw :)

I can’t fully commit to Atmosphere because I can’t find a way to transfer the saved game data of animal crossing to atmosphere since that’s the only game my gf plays😂
Use JKSV mate to back up on sxos. Move to atmopshere and restore using JKSV. I did it with Doom eternal worked perfect

Reactions: mikefor20

Exequiel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
save data is stored to the nand (unless you change to store it on sd) but for extracting. use jksv to extract your saves. but you should be able to boot atmosphere instead of sx to the nand the save data is on. are you using emunand, sysnand, both, multiple emunands. whats your setup like essentially
Hey,
I’m using emunand on both (SX and Atmosphere). I tried JKSV but the issue with Animal Crossing seems to be that it’s not linked to a specific profile since multiple users use the same save file. I tried “restoring in Atmosphere” but nothing happens in JKSV…

When dual-booting, I noticed when switching of CFW, I have to reSync the controllers as well😅

Had I known, I would of used Atmosphere from the get go🤷‍♂️

kidkat210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Animal crossing i believe is a system save/device save. I cant remember exactly.
As for the controllers. Im not sure if thats normal or not, im 99.99% of the time on my emunand.

Exequiel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Talk about a sticky situation; the one game my gf will not comprise is the game which can’t be rolled over😅 hahahahaha

Exequiel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Do you have a reference link to another post (I can’t find any) which dives into resolving having to reSync joycons when switching between Atmosphere and SX?

Chaosta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pretty sure acnh save is in the BCAT or Device portion of jksv, back that up and restore on atmosphere.

as far as joycon/controller syncing. if you make your emunand with all the controllers synced to your sysnand beforehand, they will share a sync between sysnand and emunand(but dont ever unsync them). then you wont need sx os anymore.

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pretty sure acnh save is in the BCAT or Device portion of jksv, back that up and restore on atmosphere.

as far as joycon/controller syncing. if you make your emunand with all the controllers synced to your sysnand beforehand, they will share a sync between sysnand and emunand(but dont ever unsync them). then you wont need sx os anymore.
This except you can still use SXOS and utilise your USB drives. If you wish. I have mine synced accross 6 EmuNANDS, android, Lakka and Ubuntu. I have SXOS and Atmosphere separate hidden partition EmuNANDs on the same sd

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr