Tutorial  Updated

Quickest ( I think ) way to convert Atmosphere style microsd+emunand to SXOS style microsd+emunand

* Goodies:

- EmuTool: https://github.com/TheyKilledKenny/Emutool/releases
- Minitool Partition Wizard ( free ): https://cdn2.minitool.com/?p=pw&e=pw-free

* Optional goodies ( if you have emunand 11.0.1, to hybridize it for SX OS, steps 0 and 7 ):

- lockpick_RCM payload to obtain your prod.keys: https://github.com/shchmue/Lockpick_RCM/releases
- NxNandManager: https://github.com/eliboa/NxNandManager/releases ( I used the x64 version )
- BCPKG2 package: < removed link, please go to sthetix's twitter account and use the link there >

* The steps I do to convert an atmosphere style microsd to an SXOS style microsd are:

optional 0) If your emunand is 11.0.1, you need to hybridize it with replacement bcpkg2 and for that you need your prod.keys file:
- use lockpick_RCM.bin and dump keys from emunand. These are stored in sdcard:/switch/prod.keys. You can grab this and save it elsewhere, but you can use it from that location directly too.

1) Use Emutool to save the atmosphere hidden partition to an atmosphere file.

2) Use Minitool Partition Wizard ( free ) to:
- delete the hidden emunand partition and apply changes.
- move the FAT32 ( if you use exFAT you are out of luck and you will need to do the long way, copy contents, format as FAT32 and copy back, or maybe use another tool that can convert or move esFAT ) partition to the very end of the physical space. Take care to leave 29.22 GB ( or a bit more, it won't hurt ) of free space on the beginning of the physical space. And apply changes. This took a bit more than half an hour for a 400GB sdcard that was almost full, way less than doing it the long way by copying contents and restoring them and all that.

3) Use Emutool to restore the atmosphere file to the microsd as SXOS hidden partition.

4) Move the Nintendo folder found in sdcard:/emuMMC/RAW1/ to sdcard:/, that is, you have sdcard:/emuMMC/RAW1/Nintendo and you must end up having sdcard:/Nintendo

5) Rename sdcard:/Nintendo to sdcard:/Emutendo

6) Use Emutool, select sxos hidden partition emu as source and click on Activate emu button that appears below. This is needed for SXOS to detect and use the hidden emunand partition. ( Thank you @TheyKilledKenny ! ).

optional 7) if your emunand is 11.0.1, you need to hybridize it with replacement bcpkg2 by replacing the 4 partitions on the sxos style emunand:
- start NxNandManager and go to Options>Configure keyset and click Import keys from file and select the prod.keys file obtained in step 0 ( from sdcard:/switch/ or from wherever you saved it ). Make sure the key slots are filled in and clicked Save
- go to File>Open drive and select the microsd drive.
- click on BCPKG2-1-Normal-Main in Partitions pane and click on backup file icon to back it up
- click on BCPKG2-2-Normal-Sub in Partitions pane and clicked on backup file icon to back it up
- click on BCPKG2-3-SafeMode-Main in Partitions pane and clicked on backup file icon to back it up
- click on BCPKG2-4-SafeMode-Sub in Partitions pane and clicked on backup file icon to back it up
- click again on BCPKG2-1-Normal-Main in Partitions pane and click on restore file icon and select the equally named file from the package sthetix linked on his twitter and confirm
- click again on BCPKG2-2-Normal-Sub in Partitions pane and click on restore file icon and select the equally named file from the package sthetix linked on his twitter and confirm
- click again on BCPKG2-3-SafeMode-Main in Partitions pane and click on restore file icon and select the equally named file from the package sthetix linked on his twitter and confirm
- click again on BCPKG2-4-SafeMode-Sub in Partitions pane and click on restore file icon and select the equally named file from the package sthetix linked on his twitter and confirm

EDIT: Needless to remind you that making this SXOS style microsd and emunand compatible with atmosphere is quite easy, look it up here on GBATemp or elsewhere. Also, I'd recommend ending up with such a combo, so you can then easily use both OSes almost without changing the microsd layout.
Good luck :)

Last edited by Inaki,

Inaki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Completely fine with that video. Thanks a lot (again). It shows how great your achievement is!
If you think about the trick at a lower level, it is not that much, but I appreciate it :) It could have required patching switchroot TWRP and others and recompiling and/or writing a program to rearrange sx os file based emunand files on physical space ( this may still be required for some corner case... ) but it wasn't the case finally.

Still writing the guide, dinner took a bit longer than expected, as did the recording :D

Reactions: lordelan

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you think about the trick at a lower level, it is not that much, but I appreciate it :) It could have required patching switchroot TWRP and others and recompiling and/or writing a program to rearrange sx os file based emunand files on physical space ( this may still be required for some corner case... ) but it wasn't the case finally.

Still writing the guide, dinner took a bit longer than expected, as did the recording :D
Yeah, understood now how that works thanks to your PMs :)
Take your time. My card won't arrive until a few days anyway. :D

Reactions: Inaki

XxBakasuraxX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
After creating an emunand for sx and a emuMMC. (SX OS with mini tool, then restoring it with emutool and activating it; emuMMC with hekate 6gb. After that SX OS works fine, loads hb app. But atmosphere gives me constantly errors when I try to open an hb app like DNS Tester or awoo installer. I have the lastest atmosphere and don't know what to do.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The error is: 2144-0001 (0x290)
Program: 01(lots of zeros)1000

Inaki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
After creating an emunand for sx and a emuMMC. (SX OS with mini tool, then restoring it with emutool and activating it; emuMMC with hekate 6gb. After that SX OS works fine, loads hb app. But atmosphere gives me constantly errors when I try to open an hb app like DNS Tester or awoo installer. I have the lastest atmosphere and don't know what to do.

The error is: 2144-0001 (0x290)
Program: 01(lots of zeros)1000
But atmosphere does work ? If it does work ( and it is using emunand, check this both in SXOS in the album menu by seeing it says EMUNAND and in atmosphere in settings > system by seeing the system version string ends with the |E mark ), the issue is very probably some other thing, nothing to do with emunand...

XxBakasuraxX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
But atmosphere does work ? If it does work ( and it is using emunand, check this both in SXOS in the album menu by seeing it says EMUNAND and in atmosphere in settings > system by seeing the system version string ends with the |E mark ), the issue is very probably some other thing, nothing to do with emunand...
Yea both systems work. I have 10.0.2 in my system. So when i created emuMMC and then sx os, I updated sx os to 11.0.0 and formatted atmosphere after upgrading it to 12.0.1. Both system works and are different ecosystem. Very proud of that haha. Only remains this problem with atmosphere that I didn't have before.

Inaki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yea both systems work. I have 10.0.2 in my system. So when i created emuMMC and then sx os, I updated sx os to 11.0.0 and formatted atmosphere after upgrading it to 12.0.1. Both system works and are different ecosystem. Very proud of that haha. Only remains this problem with atmosphere that I didn't have before.
Heh, most homebrew doesn't support 12.0.x yet, man :D

XxBakasuraxX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Heh, most homebrew doesn't support 12.0.x yet, man :D
Yes, however i thought that maybe the files were wrong and restored using nandmanager to 11.0.1 and didn't work as well.

I'm using right now and cfw, maybe something is not right and didn't noticed. I´ll update later.

DbGt

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Yes, however i thought that maybe the files were wrong and restored using nandmanager to 11.0.1 and didn't work as well.

I'm using right now and cfw, maybe something is not right and didn't noticed. I´ll update later.

mmmmm strange, you should write in detail what you did step by step, its difficult otherwise to know whats the problem.

Maybe you are missing sigpatches?

Reactions: Inaki

iLL wiLL

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't I just leave my sxos on the 11.0.1 ofw and leave it alone and make a emunand on the same micro sd card and put atmosphere on it with the newest fw-12.1.0 and use that for newer games and just keep my sxos at 11.0.1 and play my xci games??? That's what I wanna do.I got a big card.please someone help.I don't want 2 emunands on the same card just for the atmosphere.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM