Hacking Quickest / cleanest way to get PRODINFO?

Ace_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a 8.1 Switch with parental controls turned on and don't know the code. I need to get the device id from prodinfo to remove it. I am new to homebrew, I've got a jig but don't know what to do from here, I want to use this switch online and don't want custom firmware / homebrew etc so what's the quickest / cleanest way to get the device id so the system won't get banned? thanks.

Undwiz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah sorry , just seen that 8.0 is different. Give me a min and I'll get you a link to what to do ..

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Do you have a payload injector or a PC ?

Ace_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've downloaded TegraRcmGUI and hekate_ctcaer_4.10.1 so far and yes I've got a PC. Not sure if these are still the best tools to be doing this though? I've just been reading the guide.sdsetup.com site.

Reactions: NoNAND

Undwiz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah thats the right stuff. do you know if your switch is patched ? if it is you won't be able to run Hekate

Ace_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This still a bit confusing, I see HacDiskMount is pc software so I can worry about that later, so for memloader I use v3 that's built in to TegraRcmGUI? do I need to dump the BIS keys too?

LapCheong

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
This still a bit confusing, I see HacDiskMount is pc software so I can worry about that later, so for memloader I use v3 that's built in to TegraRcmGUI? do I need to dump the BIS keys too?
memloader is a bin file where you can push to your switch to mount your switch on to your pc. The one that is built in tegrarcmgui should be fine although you should choose latest. You will also need the
simple file from the memloader.zip which be downloaded at https://switchtools.sshnuke.net/. Put this in your root of your sd card
After booting from the memloader, you should choose ums_emmc.ini to mount the emmc(nand) to your pc

HacDiskMount can open up the mounted drive of your switch nand which you can look at all the prodinfo,BCPKG,system,user.bin

Last edited by LapCheong,
Reactions: Ace_

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
Reactions: Hayato213

OLIVERDUCK

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ignore the useless keyboard warrior troll. The device ID is not the same as your console serial number.
Hi I've downloaded the memloader file and put it on a micro sd card. Do i need to download another piece of software? My switch says time's up will this be a problem?

OLIVERDUCK

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all, i did way more digging than i should have and now I've done the thing with the rig and got the prod.keys file
My question is where do i find the master key to reset parental controls to factory reset my switch. I want to either extract device ID, or extract master key? any help is much appreciated

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all, i did way more digging than i should have and now I've done the thing with the rig and got the prod.keys file
My question is where do i find the master key to reset parental controls to factory reset my switch. I want to either extract device ID, or extract master key? any help is much appreciated
If all you wanted to do was reset the parental controls, then why didn't you just say so? You can use this homebrew application to reset it without needing the device ID.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @NinStar, Who's whipping who?