Quick! What's the best passcard for the EZ4 Lite?

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by MegaMario, Sep 11, 2006.

1. MegaMario
    OP

Newcomer MegaMario Member

I need somewhat of a quick response please.

2. OrR

Member OrR Rice-megatron Expert

Germany
    There aren't any real differences between most Passcards, especially if you're going to flash your DS. I won't list all possible solutions. Which one were you thinking about? You could also take a quick look at the GBAtemp reviews of each Passcard. But as I said, there aren't many differences, everything works with everything the same way pretty much.

3. Mchart

Member Mchart GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Any NoFlash device (3rd Generation Passme from other companies) will work the same.

4. melloncollie

Member melloncollie GBAtemp Regular

United States
    PassCard 3, MK4, or SuperKey all work fine (they're all 3rd generation PassMes).

5. MegaMario
    OP

Alright, I just got the PassCard 3. Thanks for all of the responses!

6. meteora91

Newcomer meteora91 Advanced Member

Australia
    I would have gone for the EZ-pass 3, buying within the brand is always a good idea.
    Ah well, too late now.

7. Costello

Administrator Costello Headmaster

Wrong choice!
    The new Passcard 3 is no longer compatible with the EZ-4 products (EZ-4, EZ-4L).
    If you get the old version though, it should be fine. But most stores will usually have the new version in stock.

I would have recommended the EZ-Pass 3 (same brand, good product) or the new PassWe (check the newest review on GBAtemp.net)

8. lenselijer

Member lenselijer GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    yes i cant understand why people recommend passcards when they really dont know what they're talking about.

any passcard with a splashscreen does NOT work on the EZ4 cards.
    So you can try to be lucky with a passcard 3 or superkey, but please dont try it, because 99% sure you will get the new version with splash screen and it will not work for you...

9. aaymon_86

Newcomer aaymon_86 Member

Canada
    Why would you guys recommend him ANY nopass knowing that nopass's with splash screens will NOT work with EZ4 lite. Now he took your advice and buy a product that most likely won't work with the EZ4 lite.
    MegaMario If you are able to cancel the order, or refund if passcard 3 doesn't work, get EZPASS-3, Ninjapass Media Launcher, Neo MK4-Key or even PassWe 3. Those will definitely work with EZ4 lite.

10. MegaMario
    OP

Well, I ordered from Winsunx. They say in their item description that it will work with all versions of EZ4, m3, supercard, etc. So I'm gonna trust them. If not, then I'll just sell it on craigslist or Ebay. I have a flashed DS Lite, but I was thinking about getting a black one. I was getting a EZ4 deluxe from winsunx and I decided to pick up a flashcart for only $15.70 extra.

11. MegaMario
    OP

Here's what they say:

Note:
    This Version PASSCARD-3 , Support all the G6, M3, EZ4, Supercard.

So I am assuming this must be the old version.