Quick rundown on SXOS/other CFW options please

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by Ygolonac, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Ygolonac
    OP

Ygolonac GBAtemp Regular

Dec 31, 2015
    Canada
    Can someone give me a Quick rundown On SXOS and other switch hacking/CFW options? i'm about to buy a switch.

Does SXOS work on all switch models? Are all games supported? Is it getting updated frequently/need to be updated? What is the current banning situation? Does something akin to a freeshop/nopaystationbrowser exist for switch games?

2. Kubas_inko

Kubas_inko "Something funny goes here."

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    I gues on earth.
    Every CFW works on any FW with any games, as long as your switch is not sigpatched. You can check by S/N here.
    SX OS is paid and can run XCIs and install NSPs. Every other CFW is free and can install XCIs and install NSPs.
    Updates are entirely on you.
    Bans are real. Going online can get you banned. Downloading with your own cert (using freeshopNX) from CDN will get you banned 100%.

Last edited by Kubas_inko, Sep 18, 2018
  3. Reploid

Reploid GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 20, 2010
    Serbia, Republic of
    Paid SXOS and free ReiNX are both good. Only difference is SXOS can run games in both xci and nsp formats, while ReiNX only in nsp

Most of switches are volnurable, beside latest revisions, that are patched, but the only solution to tell hackable swith apart from hackproof is to actually have it on hands and try to run an exploit. So yeah, that sucks.

4. Ygolonac
    OP

Ygolonac GBAtemp Regular

Dec 31, 2015
    Canada
    Are you saying new switches can't be hacked now? even with SXOS? did they fix the sleep mode exploit? I'm buying one second hand and he says it's about two months old.

So banning protection hasn't really improved? Can you still download updates and such when banned? I don't care about playing games online much.

5. Kubas_inko

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    I gues on earth.
    read what I wrote.

6. Ygolonac
    OP

Ygolonac GBAtemp Regular

Dec 31, 2015
    Canada
    Too much jargon. I'm a dummy, not sure what exactly you are saying. From what I gather certain serial numbers are unhackable in some way now.

7. OkazakiTheOtaku

OkazakiTheOtaku no thanks, I don't want a custom title

Jul 20, 2016
    Japan
    Not to be rude, but if you can't understand what he wrote, maybe you should research a bit more before diving in, lest you damage your expensive hardware.

Memoir likes this.
  8. Kubas_inko

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    I gues on earth.
    Ok. Switch manufacture after July 2018 are unhackable (for now).

9. Ygolonac
    OP

Ygolonac GBAtemp Regular

Dec 31, 2015
    Canada
    damn that's a shame, I though nintendo would need a major hardware revision. I'll be sure to buy an older model. was hoping this fix would only cover some minor CFWs as I got a good deal on this used one. thanks for the heads up.

10. Kubas_inko

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    I gues on earth.
    It's not major and it's not hardware revision. They just fixed a bug in bootrom (so software).

11. Ygolonac
    OP

Ygolonac GBAtemp Regular

Dec 31, 2015
    Canada
    This forum is pretty disorganized and most stuff relies on knowledge of prior stuff which makes reading sticky threads a hassle. youtube videos/other sites tend to be out of date. I've hacked my vita, wiiu and 3ds before, I just made this thread for a fast FAQ.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Alright so it will likely be fixed down the line, but as of now these switches aren't hackable at all/SXOS won't work on them? or are just some features disabled?

12. Kubas_inko

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    I gues on earth.
    Not now. So you need to wait.

13. comput3rus3r

comput3rus3r GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 20, 2016
    United States
    you won't know untill you try it. I recommend getting sx-pro if you're a noob because it's mostly plug and play.

14. Ygolonac
    OP

Ygolonac GBAtemp Regular

Dec 31, 2015
    Canada
    I planned on going that route, I got a sky3ds+ and I was happy with it for a long while until I eventually decided to install CFW.

15. Kubas_inko

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    I gues on earth.
    That's not how sx pro thus os works though.

16. Ygolonac
    OP

Ygolonac GBAtemp Regular

Dec 31, 2015
    Canada
    I know it's not the same, I'm comparing the two as essentially easy out of box solutions. i've seen youtube vids installing SXOS pro and it's pretty simple plug and play.

17. MrRochie

MrRochie GBAtemp Regular

Nov 27, 2007
    United States
    ‼️‼️SX 2.0‼️‼️ - featuring external hard drive support!

First, I don't know how true this is, and I don't like stirring the pot but I figured this was worth a share :) huge, huge news if it turns out that there is some truth to this. Long live TX
    FB_IMG_1537304391040.

18. Kubas_inko

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    I gues on earth.
    Fake. "Original" thread is already down for like an hour or so.

0000ff likes this.
  19. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    RCM will always be available until Mariko is released. It's just the exploit you use AFTER getting RCM that has been ipatched (not sigpatched like someone said earlier)

thorasgar likes this.
  20. Sora Takihawa

Sora Takihawa Planeptunes Male CPU

Oct 11, 2015
    Germany
    Planeptune
    i know it dont belong here but i dont want to create an extra thread for that. is there a difference between leaked FW 6.0 and Officially?