Hacking Quick review of the Nintendo Lunch Tin Kits

Man18

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very cheap (in quality not price) products.

The game cases are a bit annoying to use. The game will slip out a few times since the case is way to big for the game.

The Stylus (well 3) is ok considering that you cant really mess up a stylus.

The car charger does what it needs to and works with my old charger so its top notch.

The decals (or skins) do not fit the lite at all, they would end up fitting my DS better than my Lite.

Stick to hori protectors for the screen, the screen protectors that came with it have a bit of adhesive on each corner to hold it in place. It doesnt stick to the screen so you will have a lot of dust going under it and it floats above the screen so if you stick it to the screen you will have to keep it floating to stop bubbles from forming. The touch screen protector feels grainy when I run my stylus over it.

The headphones have great speakers, a tad bit quiet but the sound is good. The way they attach to your ears means that they will not always stay in place, they open up once in a while.

The actual DS case is ok. It is also cheaply made but looks nice. It has an annoying strap that I may replace with something better to make it easier to open the flap so you can actually take out/put in the DS.

I will use 4/7 of the products until I find something better but I didnt buy it for the perfect acc kit, I bought it because i've loved Zelda since I was young.

If anything the tin is awesome and can be used for many things from acc storage, food if you still go to school or even a large fan for any cooling app.

After a little testing, the graininess can be cut down by using the stylus that actually came with the DS Lite. The stylus that comes with the kit is molded so it may actually scratch your screen if you are using it without a screen protector. I was using it without buffing off the plastic bits and it scratched the screen protector(this is true for each of the styluses it seems).

lagman

I wish I was green.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
You're talking about a real product, right?
If so, PM me or answer me here and I'll move it to the DS section, also, do you have any pictures of these kits?

fischju

Rehabilitated Jaywalker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
pTRU1-4120637dt.jpg

Man18

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
More information on the decals.

The Mario Kit has better decals because you can cut to fit, the Zelda Kit decals are based on art work so you wouldnt really want to cut those because you would need to remove anywhere from 10-50% of the decals to make them fit. The main problem with the decals is the rounded edges of the DS Lite, the decals are to stiff to conform well enough to stick.

The shell of the DS Lite has 2 boxes that the decals do not make room for so you will have a large bubble that can be avoided if you use some high grit sand paper to sand it down or use another product like this so you can just place the decal without needing to actually apply it to the Lite.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...