Quick rating of the last game you played or currently playing.

hiroakihsu

SUPREME LURKER OF THE WORLD
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Just finished Resident Evil Revelations 2 last week...It was pretty good; I'd give it 5/5.
Going through Resident Evil 6 right now...Not as good as Revelations (too much emphasis on action over horror and VERY frustrating QTE) but OK; I'd give it 4/5.

Reactions: Flame

JohnnyDavids13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Path of Exile, new expansion, everything I wanted out of Diablo III that it did't deliver, free to play, 9/10 easily the best game I have played in the past 3 years.

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
Animal Crossing New Leaf: 8/10, but AN has always hit addiction receptors for me. New villagers are creepy as heck (Harry the Horse in particular looks like some dude cosplaying as a horse), and with the save game editor, I can pop in my favourite sets (I'm currently rocking the "robo" furniture set). I might have to make my Dream Island a creepy place although. I love that events are much more rapid pace, and I can't wait to get my approval rating to 100%, so I can officially be mayor.

Persona Q: I hate the dungeon crawling gameplay, but the story makes me want to continue. Will play this as long as the combat isn't annoying. (It is...)

Real_Redwolf

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon: 7/10

It's both my favorite Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game, yet at the same time, it's the most disappointing. The graphics are good and the process of befriending Pokemon isn't NEARLY as convoluted as previous games, but I don't like that they reused the "You are a human turned into a Pokemon with amnesia and you need to save the world" for the FOURTH time.

Catastrophic

Perfectly Normal
Trophies
XP
Country
Super Smash Bros 3DS: 8/10. Loads of fun to play with friends, and now it's portable! The new physics and characters feel great. Balance is still an issue in some areas but good overall.

Super Meat Boy: 9/10. One of the best examples of "difficult but fair" I've ever seen. I died for like an hour trying to complete the I wanna be the guy tribute levels and I didn't get even slightly frustrated.

Star Fox 64 3D: 8/10. Star Fox 64 is one of my favorite games of all time so this is an easy one, but I am disappointed with the remake in the audio department. Some voices are okay but others just horrible.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Star Fox Zero 6/10
It would have been an 8/10 if it wasn't so damn short. I feel ripped off after paying full price for that thing.
The game was fun though. Would recommend it once it goes on sale.

I'll post what I said in the review comments:
I got the game today, I haven't even spent most of the day playing and I already beat the main campaign. The game was fun and all but that just feels WAY too short for me and I honestly feel ripped off. It feels like it should have cost half of what it did, at most. A third of the price would be a good price for it. I haven't gone through all the optional stuff yet though but there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of it.

I had the same feeling of being ripped off when I bought Star Fox 64 3D but I already knew that game was pretty short, having played it as a kid, and it was 1/3 cheaper than this. I expected that they would fix the shortcomings of Star Fox 64 and make a longer, more fleshed out game, and it was more fleshed out in the different vehicle types and I felt the gameplay was more varied but it's still severely lacking in content for a full-price retail title.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,
Reactions: VinsCool

CosmoCortney

i snack raw pasta and chew lollipops
Trophies
Website
follow-the-white-rabbit.wtf
XP
Country
Germany
StarFox Zero
8.5/10

Just what the Wii U needs, some furries invading space :P
jk, but it's really fantastic!
The music is great, so graphics are nice and ofc the gameplay. Still no 10 points because the control feel a bit odd sometimes, some textures have a too low resolution and that there're no vocals on the TV and no BGM on the GamePad

Reactions: VinsCool

mcopo

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Street Fighter V. 8/10. It lacks content, but the fighting is great. Probably the best gameplay of the main series. Graphics (minus the clipping) and music are great too.

Rocket League. 9/10. Surprisingly fun for a soccer game with supersonic acrobatic rocket-powered battle-cars. Not a 10/10 because of server issues.

Chrono Cross. 9/10. Outstanting music; Great graphics; Nice story (I'm in the middle of the game, so the ties with Chrono Trigger are still loose)... but the battle system was poorly executed in my opinion. The idea of elements is neat but I never needed to change my strategy between battles. Only one battle so far forced me to do that. This makes the battles pretty easy, not challenging and, therefore, not rewarding. Also, 40 characters is just too much... Oh yeah, and my save file was "unusable" on my first try... 10 hours wasted...

Chrono Trigger DS. 10/10. It was good 10 years ago and it still is. Hell, I probably like it even more now. The new post-game stuff is flawed, specially the Lost Sanctum, and the Arena is just okay. But the core game remains amazing. A timeless masterpiece.

Rogue Galaxy (PS4 Re-release). 7/10. Just started replaying. 8 years ago, I'd give this one a perfect 10/10. It was the first game that I cared about the story and I just loved the action oriented battle system. Replaying it now, I'm feeling that story won't be that good (I even remember it f'd up by the end...), the characters are unoriginal and the map design is boring and repetitive. However, everything else is fine (so far). Music is good, graphics are excelent and I still have fun with the battles (lack of team command options is a little frustrating though). Oh, and I can't wait to get into insectron again. It would be an 8/10 if it weren't for the emulation issues. They're minimal but I'm a sucker for emulation accuracy.

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Virtue's Last Reward, 9/10. Puzzles were fun and the story blew me away.

Fire Emblem Fates (Birthright/Conquest/Revelation), 7/10. Good ol' Fire Emblem gameplay, but I didn't care for much else. The story never really hooked me until the last half of Revelation, and I couldn't empathize with any of the characters. Maybe it's just me, but I feel like everything becomes too impersonal once you have 30-40 units to juggle. The last song that played during the end of the credits was really nice, though.

Shin Megami Tensei IV, 8/10. Can't say much since I just started a few hours ago, but I'm having a good time.

Last edited by frogboy,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.