Quick qustion about the mod wii wad Netflix

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by steve007, Dec 25, 2011.

Dec 25, 2011
  1. steve007
    OP

Member steve007 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Hello I am asking this Net flix has A new update but my wii is moded 4.2u

Can I update the netflix (?) verson yes or I should not becuse it well block my wii playing the wad wii wares and my wii games on usb (?)

Plus I heard if his is true if you play the usb games on wifi nintendo can trace your wii moded and band your nintendo account (?)

Heard that on youtube lol

2. steve007
    OP

Member steve007 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    No one seen this post (?)

3. Lexip;

Member Lexip; GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Just date your shop channel and download it. You'll be fine. The new channel is much slower though. I don't know why it was updated.

4. kylster

Member kylster mich weich töten

United States
    Nintendo can only tell if your Wii if softmodded if your using Ocarina cheats online; from my basic understanding the Wii itself cannot tell the difference between playing games from USB or a burnt disc. Might not be correctly put but it gives the reader an idea on the whole thing.

5. JoostinOnline

Member JoostinOnline Certified Crash Test Dummy

United States
    I'd advise against updating the channel though. You can just say No and it will proceed to the videos, without all the lag of the new channel.

6. kylster

United States
    Would it be feasible to just change the version# of the old channel if the new one is that problematic?

7. JoostinOnline

United States
    I've been meaning to try that.

8. kylster

United States
    @JoostinOnline: For what ever reason my netflix channel is not dumping correctly; in ShowMiiWads it displays the file size as 6.14MiB on nand but the file dumped is only 6.05MiB. Also when trying to install it to my Wii's real nand I get ret-2011 try using a AHBPROT or and IOS with proper.... set; I do not think this is the issue but may be the fact its not dumping right cause I am using IO236 and AHBPROT w/IOS58 so if you could you give this a try that would be great cause atm I'm just stumped.

9. JoostinOnline

United States
    You need to use 236/249 to install it. The size on ShowMiiWads isn't necessarily going to be the same size Windows displays, so that's not an issue.

10. kylster

United States
    Well actually I did try to reload 236/249; I installed IOS236 with WiiMod3.0 by going into IOS< Install Custom IOS< base IOS36< latest version#< slot 236; as far as IOS249 goes, I used the official d2x cIOS Installer 3.1 off code.google page which both of these apps were run under IOS58+AHBPROT. It just seems the Netflix.WAD is the only one I'm having problems installing :( but I take it you have been successful on your end?

sysCheck of my Wii
    Let me know if you see something I'm overlooking. I used giantpunes app "ohneswanzenegger" to install a fresh 4.3U nand.bin to my Wii so it's as clean as it gets; I ran the hackmiinstaller (for various reasons), then immeditately installed d2x cIOS 245-251 using the official installer, and installed 5 channels of apps I need.

11. JoostinOnline

United States
    Try IOS199.

12. kylster

United States
    Tried it under IOS199 using WiiMod, MMM. YAWM; still the same error ret-1022. As stated before this is the only WAD I cannot install; everything else installs fine.