Hacking Quick questions

rufio101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is this the best flashcard to get to play SNES games? i dont really care about the price so if there is a better/easier one can someone let me know? As far as i know i have to get The cycloDs, a SD card, and then download an snes emulator and then i can play. Is this correct.

I am getting this really just for the Snes game, but what else can it do? I saw somewhere that it plays mp3s.....

thanks

SleepingDragon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welcome aboard. As far as your question, yes, that's what you need to do.

As far as other things to do on your CycloDS, there are many. When you get your CycloDS, it will come loaded with a media-playing software called Moonshell. With this, you will be able to play mp3s, view photos (gif, jpg, etc), and even watch video. The only slightly tricky part is the video watching. You will need to convert your video into .dpg format, because that is the only format that Moonshell will recognize. For instance, yesterday I converted a couple Stargate TV episodes into .dpg format. You need convert it with a sw program you can download for free like batchdpg or SUPER. I have used both and SUPER is by far the one I prefer. Here is the website: www.erightsoft.com/Superdc.html

-Here is where I have been getting my CycloDS and they have the best prices I can find: www.realhotstuff.com
I paid $51 and got it in 3 days with regular shipping.

-www.meritline.com this is the best place I've found to get my microsdhc chips. I bought an 8gb Scandisk for $62 with free shipping and I got it in 3 days.

-www.ndsthemes.com You may already know about this site, but it's the best one out there for Skins for your CycloDS and Moonshell. And, of course, there are a lot of good skins here at gbatemp.

This should get you started. If you meed any more help, let me know.

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
Compatibility is low on the Snes emulator for DS. (SnemulDS - unless there is a better one I don't know about
unsure.gif
)
It won't play heaps of games - and if it does then there are problems with sound, graphics ect.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
rufio101 said:
Is this the best flashcard to get to play SNES games? i dont really care about the price so if there is a better/easier one can someone let me know? As far as i know i have to get The cycloDs, a SD card, and then download an snes emulator and then i can play. Is this correct.

I am getting this really just for the Snes game, but what else can it do? I saw somewhere that it plays mp3s.....

thanks
No, it's not. In fact, there is no "Best flashcard to play SNES games". Most of other flashcards have the same compatibility, because it's run by a software/homebrew application on the flashcard. It's not determined by what flashcard you get, but the homebrew itself. And I hear the compatibility isn't too great. However, there are updates, so it can be fixed in a long-run.

Also, yes it does play music and videos.

If you still want it, knowing that it's power is very limited, I can tell you a good place.

Where do you live in Canada? If you live in Vancouver, BC area, there's a place I know that sells them cheap.

Although, there are cheaper flashcards that fulfill your needs......

QUOTE(SleepingDragon @ May 12 2008, 04:39 AM) Welcome aboard. As far as your question, yes, that's what you need to do.

As far as other things to do on your CycloDS, there are many. When you get your CycloDS, it will come loaded with a media-playing software called Moonshell. With this, you will be able to play mp3s, view photos (gif, jpg, etc), and even watch video. The only slightly tricky part is the video watching. You will need to convert your video into .dpg format, because that is the only format that Moonshell will recognize. For instance, yesterday I converted a couple Stargate TV episodes into .dpg format. You need convert it with a sw program you can download for free like batchdpg or SUPER. I have used both and SUPER is by far the one I prefer. Here is the website: www.erightsoft.com/Superdc.html

-Here is where I have been getting my CycloDS and they have the best prices I can find: www.realhotstuff.com
I paid $51 and got it in 3 days with regular shipping.

-www.meritline.com this is the best place I've found to get my microsdhc chips. I bought an 8gb Scandisk for $62 with free shipping and I got it in 3 days.

-www.ndsthemes.com You may already know about this site, but it's the best one out there for Skins for your CycloDS and Moonshell. And, of course, there are a lot of good skins here at gbatemp.

This should get you started. If you meed any more help, let me know.

Hey sleepingdragon, you didn't answer his question very well.....

Also, Realhotstuff doesn't ship to Canada... They don't ship internationally.

gratefulbuddy

amateur lunatic
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ojsinnerz said:
Also, Realhotstuff doesn't ship to Canada... They don't ship internationally.

From realhotstuff:

QUOTEWe are shipping to just about any country FedEx can deliver. The rates are good for small packages. Here are few things about our international shipping policy:
1. Most of international credit cards can not be verified by demotic merchant bank. We may need to ask for photocopy of your credit card to prove that you are the owner of the credit card to process your order.

2. If the items you ordered are too big to fit into FedEx Pak, we may take the items out of the package to fit to the FedEx Pak. If you want the items in original package and protect it well, please use the Standard International Priority. We will ship them in box to protect them.

3. We have to declare the package at full value of your order due to insurance issue. If we declare the value lower and the package is lost. We can only get the amount for the value we declared.

4. International Packages take longer to process. We may not be able to get them out before 2 PM as our domestic packages.
SOURCE

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/eJV6GaIEgd4?si=ciLPnlhfd7XcrxQn